Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuesday: Hope and Light, Sorrow and Struggle

It is a rainy grey day here;
last night was snow
and Mr. Husband and I dreamed of a
snow day for him
but it was not to be so.
*
I have lots of lights on
to fight the grey.

To me the above icons are both
wedding icons;
Mr. Husband was given the wedding icon
a few years ago;
the St. Phanourios icon is mine,
moved for Lent;
over half a year since we were married on his day.

I changed my Christ icon for Lent.

Progress continues on scarf.

Noah continues to struggle greatly,
as I have posted.

Lots of oil and lampadas...
either needing to be refilled or re-lit.

I am reading more of the book on St. Luke

I am going to start reading this book soon;
a small book;
St. Ephraim and Lent...
We got it at the conference in February
and Mr. Husband agreed that it was
a good first-day-of-Lent book.
I have a kind husband.

Tuesday flower watering.

I am dreaming of baking my
orange cranberry bread
but with lemon.
Maybe tomorrow?
*
I am more than ready to get back to things.
 
We live in hope
in the midst of struggle and sorrow
yet we live in hope.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Forgive me, sister.
Such beautiful snapshots of a lovely life indeed. Know you are loved.

elizabeth said...

God forgives!

Thank you Mimi; your encouragement always speaks volumes to me...

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Your icon photos continue to delight and inspire, Elizabeth!