Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wanting to be Outside

I think I can safely say,
after almost a month of being sick,
I am ready to be outside and walk around.
I am hoping that I am gaining.
I still have to rest by lunch time
but am hopeful.
*
I have this strange feeling of living in a bubble
even when Mr. Husband is home
and like I just can't pop outside of it.
But I know it has a large part due to
being sick for a month and
not seeing many people
or being anywhere mainly
but here in my cozy corner.
*
Thankfully God does not leave us...
*
Meanwhile...


Mr. Husband decided to eat his apple
like a pirate for lunch.
thems that dies will be the lucky ones
he quoted from Treasure Island.
*
One of my close friends told me
when I was dating Mr. Husband
that I would never be bored.
She of course is right.

The tulips are so beautiful.
I love the yellow and that, as my Mr. Husband
discussed at lunch,
they are a Spring Flowers.
 
My heart is hurting for so many people.
Newly met Joyce.
The woman in my parish whose father died.
My close friend who I found out her elderly
Grandmother fell in Romania and broke her hip and
is in great pain;
So lots of heaviness,
lots of prayer needed.
*
Mr. Husband worked from home today.
He's working on dinner,
listening to
The Count of Monte Cristo
which he tells me about a dinner time,
most often.
*
The other day I read another
section of Chesterton's Ballad
The Ballad of the White Horse
with great feeling.
It is incredible to read aloud,
a deep and real experience,
the words, they leap when you read them...
*
My sister and I talked online again today...
with Romania being 6 hours difference in time,
we find that Wednesdays during the day work best
for us to actually catch each other.
She teased me when I told her that
neither I or Mr. Husband
had never watched all of
the princess bride.
What can I say?
Mr. Husband and I are nerds and not
huge movie watchers.
However, we are going to watch this
movie over the next few days.
We got it for $5 on amazon
and decided to watch it this week,
before Great Lent.
Watching a movie for a few nights,
1 section at a time,
seems to work best for us.
*
We shall enjoy another slice of cheesecake 
along with the movie.
I am loving how the new lampadas
are burning so bright on the buffet shelf.
*
God is so good to us.
We must take courage and take heart,
for God is with us.
*
This blog post I found most heartening.

No comments: