Wednesday, March 06, 2013

My First Yarn Along!


Here is the scarf that is almost
finished...

The yarn I am using.
(FYI, cheaper to buy through the
company website than through amazon).

My second scarf!
I am almost out of the skein I am using
and need to order more...
this one is for one of my relatives back home...

My dish cloth!
At least half done...
goal is to make two as part of a
special gift for another
family member...

My third scarf!
A cute little one
for one of my nieces
(shhh! don't tell! :) )

This one I am doing with the purl stitch
to have practice doing it.
*
I am finding that I am loving the bamboo needles
that I am using;
they seem to hold the yarn a bit better...
the circular needles I am loving for
things I can take with me to work on.
*
I have another yarn order in the works
and dreams of more fun things to make.
I am keeping it simple for now,
doing scarves and soon I hope little
blankets for some of the
short people in my life!
*
It's been about 3 weeks of knitting so far and I am just loving it!

4 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

Good for you!! Looking great! (c:

collettakay said...

Great job! Keep it up :)

Colletta

Michelle M. said...

Great job! Keep up the good work!

Martha said...

Yeah! ♥ I hope to join in the yarn along, again. I've been crocheting some mittens here. I went to a new local yarn shop and got some really awesome thick-and-thin yarn. It was a bit of a splurge $12.99 for 100g.