Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Decisions and waiting

 
After days of the high dose of
medicine
plus no/small amounts of sleeping for days
among other things
I finally hit the wall with it last night.
*
This morning I decided that
I just would stop that medicine now;
I'd had enough,
the allergic reaction is fading away
and the other risks were greater
and I no longer wished to feel so incredibly
wired while needing to rest,
since the doctor told me I had mono.
*
I go back to the doctor tomorrow
and hope to know more then.
*
It is going to take a while for the
high-octane meds to get out of my system
but at least the continued craziness is
slowly subsiding.
*
Whew, whew, whew.
I'd had enough!!!
*
Meanwhile I am knitting.
I ordered more yarn and two more sets of
needles - an size 8 and size 13
for two projects I want to start on soon.
*
I feel that it will take me a week just to recover from the last
few weeks...
I just hope I am really on the way to full recovery;
I really wanted to make bread today
but I still don't have the strength.
*
At least I can knit...
*
And this morning I changed the table cloth
and candle-sticks.
I am slowly changing things as we gear up for Lent
and I wanted my table to try to reflect a change as well.
I am looking forward to putting out the Lenten icons.
*
Lord have mercy on us!
Sometimes things seem like a really heavy burden;
at the same time,
I am increasingly aware of God's mercy and love.
Lord have mercy,
Lent is coming!
Lord, bring us to Pascha and the Joy of Your Resurrection! 

2 comments:

Michelle M. said...

I'm starting to get excited for Lent, too! It feels like it has taken forever to get here :)

E Helena E said...

Peace to you and prayers for the appointment tomorrow!