Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The love of church family

Librarian
Ortho-nerd that I am,
I was knitting and watching the
video that this
Orthodox librarian posted today
when I got interrupted by a call
on my cell phone.
*
Flower delivery for me?!?
from someone from my new 
not-near-by-church?!
*
Wow.


This is how they came.
You can see the rain drops on
the outside...
it's been quietly raining today...

I love the vase/pitcher that they came in!
So lovely!
*
I immediately thought:
oh, I could use this for Pascha for our table...
since it is white...

Tulips:
Mr. Husband is going to love them too,
since we are both Dutch and
this is one of our flowers,
as it were...

I love the added touch of the
twine ribbon on it!

They are now making our table that much
more beautiful!
I was so cheered by this unexpected gift....
*
I've been thinking about church family
and what a blessing they can be.
*
When I broke my foot a few years ago
various people from church would visit me,
bringing me food, washing my clothes,
visiting me.
*
And now my new church family
is carrying on this blessing...
I am so thankful.
*
To say I am thankful for
Mr. Husband's love and care
during this time
is also an understatement... 
 
In between a great conversation with a dear
Ottawa church friend, knitting, naps, lunch
and a really good strawberry popsicle,
I am slowly re-reading Madeleine L'Engle's
a wind in the door.
*
It's nice to read something familiar
and something that is very affirming of life
and of goodness and of the necessity to
love one another.

4 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

How lovely! What a wonderful pick-me-up! (:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Aren't they gorgeous!

GretchenJoanna said...

Oh, my, so perfect...a special gift for sure.

E Helena E said...

What a lovely cheery blessing!