Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Yarn Along - Accomplishments for this week


It took me a while to realize
that I was binding off incorrectly.
I was forgetting the knit two stitches
at the very beginning!
So the top picture is a long yarn needle
holding my dish cloth together after
I frogged it.

It took me a while...

But here it is,
humble and imperfect and finished.
And it's a dish cloth so
I am OK with how it turned out.

I mean to make a pair of dish cloths
but before I knew it
(and Mr. Husband asked,
isn't that a bit long for a dish cloth?)
I was knitting a dish towel :)
The tread at the bottom is where I had to
start a new skein of yarn.
 
Something I like about
Ginny's yarn alongs
are that they include what one is reading.
I finished re-reading L'Engle's
a wind in the door
last night.
*
It is a lovely book.
I find it reassuring at times to read about
a clear picture of goodness and of evil
and seeing goodness praised and encouraged.
Not to mention humility,
love for the other
and allusions to God.
*


1 comment:

Anny said...

Well you can always use a dishcloth and better too big than too small right?
I've never heard of your book but I'll have to add it to my list-it looks like a good one!