Tuesday, February 05, 2013

The Baking of Bread - Learning and Baking


I made the bread.

I used the zest of a whole orange.
I used to dough hook
instead of kneading...
Living and learning while
baking bread... 

Recipe ingredients:
1 1/3 c Water 80 F
2 T oil
1 1/2 t salt
2 t grated orange peel
1/4 c sugar
4 c flour
2 t dry active yeast
1 c dried cranberries

The bread was good,
but I did not know a lot about yeast and
my new friend who came to tea
told me how to make the yeast blossom.
I will try this next time! 

This friend also helped me determine
when the bread was done.
The bread took about 40 or more minutes to be done;
it was wonderful warm with butter.
As you can see in the picture above,
I added a little sprinkling of sugar to the top
of this loaf of bread.
 
It was a lovely addition to the tea!

2 comments:

Michelle M. said...

This looks beautiful. Nicely done!

Martha said...

Oh they look so beautiful! Sometimes I wish I had a Kitchenaid mixer, but we have such a small kitchen and hardly any room.