Sunday, July 28, 2013

St. Irene of Chrysovalantou



Story of her life here.

Prayer for blessing of her apples here.

Story of a miracle here.

She is my first patron saint and the one I was
chrismated with!

When I found her story in the church bulletin,
just days before I was chrismated,
I knew she was the one I wanted to take 
as my patron Saint.

my first Patron and Mother is 
St. Irene of Chrysovalantou!

Her day on the new calendar is today!
May her prayers protect us all 
and grant us Christ's peace! 

3 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

May we all be blessed by her prayers, especially you, my dear friend!

Martha said...

What a beautiful story! I remember when we went to the new calendar Greek monastery in Boston that they would give dried apples on this feast. ♥ P.S. I think you meant "HER day" instead of "Here day"...

elizabeth said...

thanks Martha! fixed it! :)