Thursday, January 28, 2021

Thursday: Sunshine but Still Fighting with January Grey

 


Today was a bit of a mix of things.
The sun was shining.
One of my glass coasters broke. 2nd one. 
Ordering some plastic ones soon for places they are 
causing problems.
I felt some heaviness, some inward turmoil.
Thinking about things, praying, trying to sort out what 
Christian growth means in my life; as in what I see myself in need
of changing but only God is going to be able to do it,
with my cooperation of course, as God is a gentleman in that
God does not force but waits for us. 
***
I learned something sad, one of the many pandemic related things.
A friend's extended family had a death because of
the dread virus that left a fairly young child orphaned;
thankfully the extended family is adopting this child.
How hard life can be, how very hard.
***
I walked again today, over 5K steps, briskly. 40 heart points according to 
my phone but who knows what is true other than that
the walking does me good emotionally and physically.
It's one of the only ways I can fight it seems,
the feeling of grey or of sadness or of the struggle we have
internally at times. 
***
It was a bit of a rushed day in ways,
I was just finishing up breakfast (and last night's) 
dishes when I realized I needed to make lunch already;
my Husband needed lunch at 11 AM today because of meetings he had
to go to, including over the lunch time. 
Believe it or not, we had 2 cans of canned chicken that my Husband bought
months ago and well, I got one of those out for Mr Husband 
who had it on toasted English Muffins while I had Peanut butter and banana 
for my early lunch.  Not the most photo-worthy and I was quite rushed.
The chicken was pinkish, in soft crumbly looking chunks, like
cheese you see sometimes, in odd misshapen small lumps.
Anyway, he ate it and the salad leftover from yesterday
and I felt relief just at having created the lunch.
***
Tonight I made more potatoes (too much oil this time) and I baked a
sausage for my Husband; the smell about did me in; I never
liked the smell of sausage.  
I had the boiled egg I did not eat earlier and enjoyed potatoes, and such.
***
I wrote most of a letter, had a phone meeting,
and tomorrow have another, with a dear friend.
***
I am pretty much facing up to the fact that with this pandemic,
and people moving, 
I have very few friends left locally.
***
So I am walking a lot for that reason too.
***
But I am writing letters, reading, hoping to get back to essay edits soon,
of my own writing project.
***
And that's really it.
***
I pray that you are well.
That you had a moment of peace,
a moment that felt 'right', or of some sort of comfort that is 
really that and not otherwise.
***
May God have mercy on us and save us!

2 comments:

karen hess jewelry said...

I’m sorry your day was harried and unsettling. Weather especially can contribute to those feelings. Yesterday we had snow and today it reached 70 degrees! I wasn’t outside much as I’m in the start of a big purge and cleaning out my office. There’s still a lot of snow on the mountains as the temp drops low at night. It’s such a pretty sight. Blessings and peace, one and all.
Karen

Barwitzki said...

Getting out into the great outdoors is one of the best we can do for ourselves ... Hope you enjoy your walks. Today I started doing good by sewing some presents for family and friends, neighbors ... at least when I start, more and more things come to my mind and I am happy ... with kind ones.
Greetings to you.
Make something beautiful for yourself and for others.