Friday, January 01, 2021

Happy New Year!

 


Fireworks, I could hear them!
The neighbour's dog was barking!
And I thought with amazement at the small things
God did for me on my birthday, a few days ago.
I had wanted a cream colour beret and another pair of warm gloves.
Neither were in the stores I quickly visited but the street vendor had them.
That actually means a lot to me.
And the white tray I am using for my teapot tray for Christmas time.
Which I already have dreams of using in other ways in what I hope
is a more social future.
I just have to remember these details, that God can bless me
even in the small things, like the hat I wanted to wear on 
Christmas and one even for Christmas Eve.
And that soon it will be Christmas.
Soon we can have special treats. Pizza even.
And we have enough of everything...


2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I heard fireworks too at night but not as much noise as other years. People had to stay home because of the restrictions. I wish for you and your husband a happy, healthy and blessed New Year.

Peacocks and Sunflowers said...

Happy New Year! Thank you for your faithful posting this year - wishing you all good things in 2021.