Saturday, January 16, 2021

10th Day of Christmas ~ Purge Project Part II Is Complete



My kind of breakfast!


My Husband's breakfast dessert :)


Our hyacinth bloomed!!! 
I am so happy about this!




My good friend instructed me via text on how to make these Pelmeni. 
"I boil these in chicken broth and serve them with a small amount of the broth, 
a pat of butter, sour cream, and cracked black pepper."
***
So I did this but forgot the pepper! 
I really enjoyed it! 
I did not make the whole bag as I thought it would be best
to make fresh and then eat right then. 
***
My Husband joked about Pel-Meni (said like meany) 
calling it Pel-Nice-i instead LOL :) 
***
Oh I love the 12 days of Christmas, it's like God puts His tent
over our house and we have more peace and joy for those days,
it's a gift that I am most grateful for. 


God wiling we will have these again for lunch,
and then dinner and onwards will be simpler
until Theophany, which is a great feast day
and thankfully Wednesday also is a fish day!





My Husband finished our rotisserie chicken,
I had the last of our chili (what I call My Mom's Chili) and
we both enjoyed some cheese and crackers,
it felt like Christmas :) 
***
So, I halved my yarn supply.  I am giving it to my
cooking-advice friend mentioned above :)
In the large hamper that yarn used to live in,
(now it lives only in baskets above our bookshelves in the library)
I put a bunch of my old journals and books I want to keep but
am not going to read in the near future.
So by the time we get the very last of the books moved from 
our library, we will have reclaimed about 2 shelves.
That's above what I did earlier this past year...
Also did laundry, prepared meals, went to vespers...
pondered books I am reading... 
***
I am so glad for these special 12 days of Christmas.
And that I was able to do so much clearing out of things.
I have more things I want to do,
like polish my silver-plate for instance, 
or get organized and figure out what we need for the 
Delft plates that we own but are not yet on the wall.
or clear the last of the papers from my tables in the living room.
Catch up with emails.
I need another week :)
and this week will not be a full week for us, so it goes.
***
O Lord, that we can live our lives in peace!
May God save us and have mercy on us! 

3 comments:

Pilgrim said...

I had basted eggs and toast yesterday, my kind of breakfast, too.
I can almost smell the hyacinth through the screen. So many beautiful images here.

Granny Marigold said...

The pink Hyacinth in that mixed Spring pot I bought a while ago is blooming so I know just how wonderful your home smells. Hyacinths smell so glorious ( although my DH finds them somewhat too strong).
I think dessert at breakfast is a great idea!!

Lisa said...

I like the way you described the twelve days of Christmas - I, too, love it so much!! It's the best time of year. I want that joy of Christmas to last forever.