Saturday, January 23, 2021

Saturday Rest





Looking back on today,
I had a lot of rest.
I took a walk just before lunch;
the afternoon was a lot of rest;
the evening after takeout dinner, after vespers,
I set the table for us (and moved it so it is facing 
the other table on the other end of the room),
and got out all the serving dishes needed for tomorrow's meal. 
***
OH! before I forget, I got one email (thank you S!!!) and 
Elizabethd's comment about the mince pies.
Right. Dessert it is.  I will have to remember to have the cream 
out for them, as you suggested Elizabeth. :) Thankfully I have a 
little left from when I recently made cream biscuits! 
***
I found frozen broccoli thankfully.
My Munchkin who is coming happens to love this vegetable. 
I remembered how I did the turkey; 
some blue bell seasoning, butter, garlic, onion,
***
I am reading a novel.
I hope to report back on it later.
***
It feels good to read again.
I had so many days of cooking, baking and such 
that it's like I forgot how to sit down. :) 
So that's been great.
***
I cleaned the hall (guest) bathroom and have 
freshly cleaned Christmas towels there.
***
I gathered from driving home (or riding as the case is) 
that by the time our guests come tomorrow,
it will be dark
and so the Christmas lights will be lovely.
(The meal is in early evening, God willing).
***
I can't tell you how encouraging each comment on my blog
and/or emails are.  So thank you.
***
I am so grateful for this quiet day.
***
Praying that God blesses you all and that
the Lord will have mercy on us and save us!

2 comments:

Chy said...

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your special dinner tomorrow. The lights will be lovely for your guests!

X Chy

Pilgrim said...

Thank you for your prayers.
“More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of; wherefore, let thy voice rise like a fountain for me night and day.”
Lord Alfred Tennyson