Saturday, January 09, 2021

3rd Day of Christmas

















Today, thank God, was without incident in terms of 
pottery breaking.  
Granny Marigold, I had the same thought, I was so glad the white tray
did not break; Marshall's is hit and miss and earliest I could have 
possibly (but doubtful) go is maybe February. 
I have found some Christmas Tree Spode that I am working on 
obtaining, though it is not officially ordered yet. 
I am going to use my birthday money to replace the broken
dinner plate and salad plate and, I hope, get a few more of each,
plus a few more berry bowls, I hope! 
We will see! 
***
I am still feeling a bit shaken from it; and I agree with you Pilgrim that it was
like the straw that broke the camel's back.
I've had some discouraging unbloggable things I am working through;
it's a dark tunnel but one that still has patches of sunlight in it.
The pandemic is hard. I thank God that for me, right now, it is at least
not worse than what I am working through. 
***
So thankful that my Husband has been so willing to get takeout recently, 
not only during my birthday week but now during the first days of Christmas.
We got more today that should last us, I hope, through Monday lunch.
On Monday I hope to do a chicken in the slow cooker/crock pot... 
***
I finally got some more sleep, though I still feel in dire need of rest. 
***
We got a serious Tolkien Nerd-Cred book, a book on Tolkien's library, reading,
lectures and more.  The book next to it is one he read and one of the last ones
CS Lewis is said to have asked for when in hospital. 
Both we got for Christmas this year!
***
I had some nice new hot chocolate in the cutest ever Snoopy tin! 
Also tried a new Sage Black tea that is 
from Jackson Hole Wyoming from a friend!
***
I think we are all weary.  May God have mercy on us.

4 comments:

Chy said...

Everything looks so scrumptious!

X Chy

Pilgrim said...

Your table looks so beautiful. That soup looks so good.
I read The Worm Ouroboros man years ago, when I was going through a fantasy phase. I am wondering what I would think of it, now.

The sun is out here again today, and we are so glad.

Granny Marigold said...

I can imagine how tasty the Michigan Sour Cherry Jam will be and the Bonne Maman four fruit preserves. Must look for them here because although we have that brand at the grocery store but not the four fruit Preserves.

Mary said...

Elizabeth, as wonderful as all the food and china/settings looked , my favorite thing on this video menu was the peek at the books. I was totally unfamiliar, as an Eng.Lit. M.A., with the info about Tolkien and Lewis (last book he read in the hospital?). If you have time, even at a much later time( because I know you are busy) could you please expand on these wonderful books/titles? My favorite part of a book is the bibliography, where I can read about who the author read! Chin up and steady on. Light is definitely at the end of this ghastly tunnel! Christ is Born! Glorify Him!