Tuesday, January 12, 2021

6th Day of Christmas: Resting Ain't Easy





























It is nearly midnight here, now.
The dishwasher is running.
3 loads of laundry done.
A mountain of clean laundry to fold, DV, tomorrow.
Our two bathrooms cleaned.
I made myself sit for a good 30 minutes this afternoon,
to have a pot of tea and read.
I made Rescue Biscuits for dinner!
They are gloriously easy and fast to make.
The one thing I don't do at all is knead and roll the dough and 
shape it into neat squares.  Instead my batter is incredibly airy,
light and is just put there with a spoon, a sticky craggy bunch
of dough that bakes golden into beautiful, light, slightly crumbly 
delightful biscuits.  Faster and so delicious! 
Rotisserie Chicken, biscuits and salad for dinner, with an orange.
We enjoyed the Cranberry and Orange Pound Cake
that our godchildren (that we sponsored in marriage) sent us for
Christmas! We had it for breakfast and as an early dessert before our dinner. 
I continue to feel much better in terms of sinus trouble. 
I can tell I am tired though and it's hard to rest.
In January, and I am guessing into February, I am going to be
purging, organizing and cleaning up various areas of the house.
It's simply time to do it and it will make my Husband happy.
I still wish I had time for other projects, 
like working on my essays, 
but I simply don't have the time.
My Husband and I talked a bit about that,
and how baking is my first love, then cooking, then writing.
It's true.  But I wish I had some time to write,
I mean, work on essay writing.
I am so glad I still have my blog.
It's going on 17 years and it is an accomplishment. 
I keep meaning to show you Christmas liturgy pictures.
I don't get much time at the computer at all now.
My inbox is way too full.
I have emails that I only write in my mind, because my sit down 
time is limited.
I did post a few pictures on my elizabeth_reads_and_cooks IG account
but you can see them above also :) 
A lot of people are worried right now.
(I totally get it, being someone who has struggled with worry for most 
of her 44 years of life!)
I actually had a good day myself,
I sure did listen to that vigil service again from my church in Ottawa,
as well as other services here and there,
plus Classic FM from England which is the only news I really hear
directly and I like it that way.
So if you need some encouragement today, I found this to be 
a great help.  Go ahead, leave my blog for a bit and read it!
***
See, wasn't that nice?
***
So I am slowly reading a book on books
and so far it is super delightful. 
***
Well, it's now 12:11 AM, though I will be publishing this
on a fixed one of earlier so that it shows Tuesday's date.
The dishwasher is still quietly working, making a calm water sound.
I think I managed to load it really well as I don't hear anything
hitting something else...no gentle 'clink' of glass...
***
I love the 12 days of Christmas.
It's such a blessed time.
***
Dear ones, do take heart.  Our Lord is with us.
May God protect and save us all!



3 comments:

Martha said...

That cranberry orange cake from your Godchildren made by the monastery in WV looks scrumptious. Also, that organic tea blend kit + Romanov blackcurrant tea is probably amazing! Wish we could enjoy tea together!! Blessed Nativity season to you!

Gretchen Joanna said...

So beautiful, the way the sun shines in at your windows.

Granny Marigold said...

Beautiful pictures that never fail to inspire me to make my table look nicer.
The cranberry/orange pound loaf...yum.
We have a low threshold for stress. Definitely.