Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Monday and Tuesday morning: Better


Blessed bread our local priest bakes, this prosphora seal
is Christ being baptised.  So special. So beautiful. 
These pictures are from yesterday...




My Husband let me have the last 2 mince pies
as I liked them very much and he did not mind them
but were not his top favourite. 
I feel like I could have these, one a day,
for each of the 12 days of Christmas :)


I was putting away our extra Christmas dishes from Sunday's meal...
It took me a lot of yesterday to get over the sad feelings I had
because of the pandemic and everything being so different. 
And, yes, I get that it's not as bad for me as in many places.
Currently, we can go to church in a mask and 
we still had our annual Christmas dinner.
And the meal was delicious, the dessert was perfect,
we all had different pots of tea with dessert,
I gave gifts that were really appreciated.
We got to be together, even though very differently.
I still have some sadness but am more quiet and better now.


These flowers are slowly fading but are still lovely.



Yesterday I watched my favourite Christmas movie.


The Geese are back in the parking lot we walk to for our daily walk...
This morning I had the last mince pie, it was really delicious! 



I am glad I got to experience these! 
I love all things British and that I could get these 
homemade from Tea and Sympathy 
and have them for our Christmas time was really nice.


Our weekly groceries just came. 
I will make lunch for my Husband and I soon.
You can see in the picture above that another building is being
done near us. 
We don't mind, even though we don't have the same view;
the buildings are new, nice and have good lighting for the streets.
City living is not easy, but we are glad at least to see various signs of
improvement where we live; more and more buildings
(many abandoned) are being fixed up and the more this is done,
hopefully, the better the area will be. 
But it's complicated as all is.  It also means prices go up
and the middle class/working class can get shoved out because
the rents get too high. 
And neighbourhoods change and change is never just one way.
But I will be glad for any additional beauty, anything with better 
ways, cleaner, hopefully safer.
But it's a city and cities are just that, cities. 
***
We don't plan living where we do long term; as in when we retire.
But that is a ways off and we really have no idea of what 
is next; if it is a life that can be lived in freedom and peace,
it will be all I really hoped for. 
***
I hope your are having a good day.
Thanks for your kindness towards me.
It means a lot.
***
May God have mercy on us and save us!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I like the look of the mince pies - I've never had one. The bread made by the priest is beautiful!

Martha said...

What a beautiful prosphora seal!