Friday, January 15, 2021

9th Day of Christmas: finally a day of REST
























I wrote the following vignettes earlier today... 

My 3 new bowls came from replacements.com! They were a super good price and were packed incredibly well! I got these bowls after accidentally breaking one of the 3 I already had… I am still sad about the 1 that broke there's just something poignant about it breaking, especially with everything that's been going on in our world! Still SUPER thankful that I was able to find not one but 3 more! These are pre-WWII Japanese bowls made for the US market, from my research on them! 

I had a perfect snack this afternoon...hot chocolate made "my way" which is with my organic lactose free milk, a small bit of actual hot chocolate with sugar added and a bit of cocoa powder. My Mom's chocolate revel bars are such a deep chocolate explosion with all the focus on chocolate and not being over sweet!

We were given a very generous culinary gift for Christmas! It's made in Belgium and comes in 6 very cute little glasses! I plan on washing these thoroughly and keeping the little glass jars and their little tops and case and using them for super cute desserts for later! I'm already thinking of one that will be super easy to do but look fancy doing in these glasses! So it's like a gift within a gift! 

Today was a full out REST day. I was better than my Sunday cold (like totally better) but still run down, needing some serious rest. I have learned the hard way that if I don't listen to my body's need for rest I will get sick. So last Christmas, I got some amazing rose scented bath salts. Ever a perfectionist, I wanted rose scented bubble bath so the smell would match....and it was so worth it! Gave myself this rose scented bubble bath for this Christmas!! The fragrance was relaxing but also deliciously heady.  And I used a lovely candle too!
***
I am still waiting on my set of 4 salad plates + 1 more salad plate from a different source.
Thank God for it all. 
***
ElizabethD: your card came today!!!!! Thank you! I will try to write soon! 
***
I felt really blessed today.
Finally, I was able (including emotionally ready, the one purge project done)
to finally get some rest.  Of course I am up too late at night again,
but I can sleep in tomorrow + I still need this time... 
***
I was really happy that I got to go on a walk today also and get some delicious eggs
from a local store.  I am hoping to have them tomorrow for brunch!
***
It's rare that I get a day like this.
Oh, the book I am reading in one of the pictures above
(with my Mom's wonderful chocolate revel bars)
I am not done with it and am honestly not sure about it yet, so the picture
at this point is not a full recommendation.
I need to read more to see what I think of it. 
***
God bless you all and keep you!

5 comments:

Barwitzki said...

Nice pictures ... thank you very much ... we still have our decorated Christmas tree in the house. I think that many do this - let the tree stand for a long time - think about the beautiful Christmas with the small family - outside it is - 1 degree and light, loose snowfall. The bushes in the garden and the trees in the forest look beautiful. I love it... and a cup of tea after a walk.
Warm regards for you. Viola

Elizabethd said...

How lovely to get your replacement china so quickly. They are so pretty.
I am glad the letter arrived, even if somewhat later than I expected!

Chy said...

We have the same chocolate treat often and I use the small glasses it's served in for my art studio. Perfect size for paint pots! Enjoy!

X Chy

Granny Marigold said...

Oh good! Your bowls arrived and in perfect shape.
I have a set of small glass containers perfect for small portions of rich desserts that are so lovely at the end of a meal, like cheesecake. MMMmm. I think you'll get a lot of use out of your sweet glasses too.

Lisa Richards said...

It makes me tired to see all that you get done! But I know you enjoy setting a beautiful table. :)
I'm glad you were able to replace the pretty plates.
God bless you and yours!