Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Today in Pictures















 Whew. 
I am glad to get to the end of this day!
Some good moments; getting a CSA box for my Husband
to have nicer salads and making him one.
Pictures of our very different fish-day Wednesday meals
a lot of irony in my Husband's main thing being a bowl of 
salad and raw veggies and my salad (which I actually didn't eat
until dinner time) being on a small salad plate to the side.
Yep. That's us. :)
***
I was feeling discouraged by clutter but THANK YOU, GOD,
I got it clean.  
And the dish washer is running.
The creamer in the top photo is one I got when I ordered my 
new English Spode Christmas Tree vintage bowls
and this with the sugar bowl (that I keep pg tips decaf in)
were just a little more than the cost of shipping would have been.
I was private messaging with a long time IG friend and found out
(again by taking a picture of what I had via my phone and their 
website on my phone).
***
I am craving COLOUR and have been wishing for salad plates
with bright pinks/reds/yellow/blue/purple etc but esp bright pink
flowers on salad plates with the dream of having a tea with 
the salad plates on top of my white and gold rimmed plates.
However, I need to wait. Not only for my one buffet to get mainly emptied
(it will be one day it's just a holding place for some other things)
but for either the VNA rummage sale or a thrift store or SOMETHING like that.
***
I heard this song again on Classic FM 
(the UK England classical music station via my phone)


Actually what I heard was only part of this but I like it this way.
***
I may be having a small Christmas dinner this Sunday night
(very small don't worry and only from one other household) 
but I have to wait until Friday to know if this is possible. 
So that's hard for me as I want to plan more.
***
But this whole pandemic thing means planning is just plain hard and 
I understand that! 
***
This week is hard for me in that today, Wednesday, was really my 
Monday because we were gone Monday-Tuesday for various church 
services and today I was tired but I feel relieved that I at least
got things more picked up and dishes done.
Tomorrow, more laundry but the food will be easy.
Did you notice the red plates for dinner in my pictures?
Those would be from my birthday red paper plates pack.
I was feeling super weary by dinner time and knew that the best way
forward was to use 2 of those.  
***
I am enjoying my Christmas decorations, the next stage will be Great Lent
and then SPRING, Pascha, beauty... 
***
Well.  I just keep praying that we can go to church, even with masks,
even if we are in the basement of church watching for the most part or 
in church but with extreme social distancing.
***
I read an article about the dread virus that was pretty discouraging.
Then I read blog post by my friends who comment here
and also Sean's whose wife Jamie is a cook and baker after my own heart.
So that cheered me up considerably. 
***
Well, it's time to rest and sleep and wake tomorrow
I pray either to greet the Lord in a new day or to have His mercy
one day, a day only He knows, when I hope I wake to see
Christ's Sweetest most Beautiful Face...
***
May the Lord bless and have mercy on us!

1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

The little cream jug in the first picture is so lovely. All your dishes are.
Have a good week (what's left of it.)