Thursday, January 14, 2021

8th Day of Christmas: Project Purge Part 1 Complete













Whew.  Man.  The days are full.
I am hoping that tomorrow I can have a rest day.
The paper is pretty much taken care of,
the various places I had to sort through things.
The Bronx Tale playbill I purged but not before taking a picture
and thinking of the actor who died of COVID who was in it...
Memory eternal...
I admit my weakness is cards and letters; I have a VERY hard time getting 
rid of these but for now I am just accepting this and putting them in gallon sized
ziplock bags.  I know a lot of what I am saving is from people who are older now
and I just want cards to look on when that time comes and 
we lose them, (unless I go first of course but that is simply only known to God)...
***
My under-the-bed storage box that we keep in the closet (LOL)
that has extra bags, ribbon, tissue paper and some very special wrapping paper,
has been sorted, purged and new bags from this year added.  
I have a huge tin of various ribbon to tie packages with.
So that is good. 
***
I made my Mom's chili! 
Also Super OLD perogies that were really not good at all. 
And by Super Old I mean at last 7 years.  Yes. 
Probably the oldest thing that was in our freezer.
Various times I meant to use them but it just never worked out.
Well, never again I say. 
And I am going to keep working on clearing out our freezer.
I am loving using my Christmas dishes.
I am slowly gathering some treats to send to my sister and family
and that is really fun. 
I keep feeling like I never make any headway,
but that's because my inbox remains full and I have so many things
to do yet; but my office desk space is as clean as it has been in years.
I reclaimed 1 nice basket and two trays that all had paper stuff 
that needed to be organized.
I found a bunch of letters I never finished/mailed.
Hopefully I can get to those, as well as more online errands.
My new Spode dishes I am waiting for.
Probably some will come tomorrow. 
***
May God have mercy on us and save us! 

4 comments:

Martha said...

Purging is good. I understand how you feel, though. I save Christmas cards year after year and rarely look at them after, although I can't bear to recycle them. Putting them in better storage, like you did, would be a step.
The sky looks beautiful there. Yesterday it warmed up to 50 and we got time outdoors, too. I plan to again today. What a pretty Christmas window display!

Pilgrim said...

I have a hard time getting rid of cards from relatives, too. It gets harder as they pass on. I’m thinking of cutting out all the signatures and gluing them on a memorial page in my sketchbook. Or I could put them in a small wooden box in our icon corner. That may be a better idea.

Granny Marigold said...

You've made a good start on the huge job of going through 'stuff' and purging. Be encouraged...you'll get the job finished eventually.

Nancy said...

You were incredibly brave to eat perogies that had been in your freezer for seven years. My mom once ate canned bacon that was ten years old. She lived to tell about it. I am so not brave when it comes to eating food that has been around longer than I would like.