Thursday, January 21, 2021

Today is Thursday and the little things got done!

























I am SO thankful that I finally got some little things done!
My half quart jar of elderberry syrup now is in the bottle
I had meant to put it in MONTHS ago. 
***
I fixed 2 of my Husband's sweaters, my best black skirt (zipper and fabric was
coming apart) and leggings (that should not have ripped so soon,
as I just bought them this fall! but I realized that if I went to the store to return them,
the fabric would just go to a landfill and better to just fix it and move on!)
***
Olive oil filled in cruet.
Dishes washed. 
Make up brushes FINALLY washed.
Laundry done, some folded and put away;
some drying on a laundry rack.
***
Hopefully I AM having the small dinner party this Sunday.
Most likely (because of the pandemic) at separate tables
but it just is what it is and if we can have it
at all I will be grateful. 
***
 I feel less scared of the pandemic than I did a year almost ago,
as it is just part of daily life now,
but I am still aware that we really don't know when it will be over.
I listen to Classic FM often on my phone, they are from the UK
and the virus is super bad there right now. 
I just feel like we don't know enough and while I hope the 
vaccines will help, 
it's just a bit early to really totally understand 
what is and what will happen.
And you know what? 
If I remember that I don't have to know what happens
and that God is with us, that things are 
not spinning out of His control
is all I need to know. 
***
I am trying to make nicer salads for my beloved Mr Husband 
and told him that the salads are a way I am loving him :)
***
You know what was a crazy thing I saw,
that would have been normal a year ago?
At the grocery store near our faraway church 
ALL of their soaps, Lysol wipes, cleaning products were 
FULLY in stock.
Yep. That was the first time I had seen it so well stocked in a year.
While I had seen stuff various times, not all at once.
We did not actually grab any of it as we have plenty as we 
have been restocking every since we started venturing out last May!
***
I am so thankful.
***
I hope you had some pockets of sunshine today,
something that gave you a moment's peace or a feeling
that you did something you had wanted to do.
Also do remember that if you got food on the table you already did
a VERY BIG thing. :)
***
May God bless us, have mercy on us and save us!

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

There's such a feeling of accomplishment on a day when a whole list of little things get done. Yesterday I told my DH that I had at least ten things I wanted to get done and each one wouldn't take more than ten minutes. I got nine done. Today I did the last thing.
It's nice to see you're still using your lovely Christmas dishes.

Lisa said...

You're right - it is strange that you noticed those things in stock, which shouldn't normally attract your attention. Where we shop, they never seem to have ammonia for a couple of months, but I found some at a dollar store.