Friday, January 29, 2021

Friday: Thankful for It All
















I must say, the last picture,
with the quotation from
The Christmas Mouse,
is something I wish I can be one day.
***
Today was a better day,
the sun shone.
I got some more letters done and mailed!
(Elizabethd one is winging your way!) 
I organized a bit in our office (yay!)
I walked over 5K steps again, briskly. 
It was cold today.
So I always run hot, always have, when moving about.
When I was thin and now when I am more filled out and not
so thin, but mostly happy about where I am, anyway, I've always run hot
so I have learned that, even in 27F weather (that's below freezing) it's better for me
to double up on leggings (a 'silk' layer and a 'fleece' layer, both synthetic) and
same under my lined jean jacket (yep, no winter jacket for my exercise walks,
I'll merely sweat and feel overheated, and YES in cold below freezing weather); I wear
my long tall Birkenstock boots, a skirt to my knees and wool socks over my cotton
socks, a scarf (not woolly) under my jean jacket, a winter scarf over my buttoned
jean jacket and a warm hat and ear muffs.  Warm gloves.
And ZOOM I am OFF and walking.  No wool other than socks as natural fibers
merely make me itch if I get near to them! And ONLY big wool socks OVER
100% thick cotton socks!
 When I dress like this, in this colder weather, I have to keep moving!
  If I stand around I'd get cold.
But when I am walking, why I was just fine.  A bit cold means I walk faster
and feel more alive.  I like cold.  As long as I can keep moving and then when 
tired go back in where it's warm and have a nice cup of tea 
or heated milk with cocoa/hot chocolate mix.
***
So tonight I answered a few of my emails AND actually did 2 edits on two of my
essays, one edit each.  Now that felt good.  I never get to them, it seems
and I am always happy when I do.
I knit more today and talked with my good friend A in Romania. 
***
So I bought some red lentil noodles from Trader Joes.
I cooked half the bag for dinner.
Well. HMmmmmmmm........ 
they were 'OK' but felt starchy, like they never fully cooked,
too chewy/thick.  So...maybe not a buy-again product for us.
We will eat the rest of the already made pasta tomorrow.
And I have another half bag to use up at some point...
not sure exactly how to do that but something will work out.
***
Well, thank God for this day.
It's not easy, these days, almost a year in to the pandemic.
But this day did something good; in my life; I am thankful!!
***
May God help us; may He give us His peace
in the midst of life's storms....
God bless you and bless you and bless you... 

5 comments:

Heather said...

I love Christmas Mouse by Miss Read. I would hope that like Mrs.Barry, people would leave my company feeling better. ❤

Elizabethd said...

Miss Read is such a comforting writer.
I use red lentils in soup just to thicken it and add a bit of extra taste. I'm not sure if I would like them as a vegetable on their own.

Granny Marigold said...

I sometimes resent the time it takes to get ready to go walking. I have to wear 2 pair of socks so my feet don't freeze and all the rest to get on. Once I'm outside and on my way it all seems worth it.
I read The Christmas Mouse before Christmas and I don't get tired of reading it. I'm doing more decluttering of books these days but not one of the Miss Read or Gladys Tabor books will be donated.

karen hess jewelry said...

I can’t imagine anyone leaving your home after a visit and not feeling better for it! Enjoyed your photos and reviews. Have a most blessed Sunday, everyone!
Karen

Lisa said...

As an Italian, I can't seem to like any of these other pastas, not of wheat. I think they're terrible. :D I also put up a quote from Miss Read just now! I would also like to be able to stretch every penny and be hospitable. Something wonderful to attain to.