Friday, February 01, 2019

Well, I tried not to get a head cold...














As I wrote this morning:
I ran, dodged, swerved, begged it not to come ... for 3 weeks... but it's here, I have a cold, joining my Husband in his illness.  Having lots of tea, raw honey, rest,
 this morning after a poor nights sleep.
***
My nose is now like a sink faucet not just dripping but pouring and 
getting jammed up instead of able to pour.  Ah colds and congestion.
Whenever I do anything I do it 'really well' esp when it comes to colds.
I really hope in 3 weeks I will not still be sick.
My Husband is on the mend but he is not better yet either.
***
I managed to do a lot, partly by feeling a great need...
I made another quart of elderberry syrup right as ours was going to be gone, 
I made chili to eat tomorrow as I know tomorrow I will be 
worse than today... I know my patterns in such things well.
I also cleaned up and filled up the dish washer
(I wore plastic gloves, disposable ones, while cleaning) as if I did not,
the mess would be overwhelming tomorrow.
Made it to vespers with Mr Husband. 
I finished Christmas at Thrush Green and loved it.
I finished listening to the Christmas Hirelings and loved that too. 
 ***
My Husband offered to take me to the diner after vespers
but I did not feel up to it. Then you know I am not feeling well.
The good thing is that during the day I can take medicine;
decongestants can wire me so I don't take them for sleep as they
do the opposite for me, sadly. 
***
BTW, if you comment here via Google+ it looks like 
they are taking that away soon, so I do hope you can find 
another way to comment as I cherish each 
friendly voice here and Thank God for each of you,
new readers or, now, what we call 'old blog friends' :)
***
I am going to be having lots of teas for colds, 
and am so thankful that we have more than enough of everything.
My Husband, seeing my use of at least 1 full kleenex box today,
remarked that we may need to restock, as we only had 5 left. 
Yep, this is why I like to stock up.
Once you need it, you need it.
***
It was good to be at church tonight.
And I got lots of new blessed candles.
I light them for health esp and there are so many
who struggle with health issues...
***
Well, I better go back to bed.
Even though I did do various things, I did rest too,
just for the record!
Now if only I could get someone to bake me my corn bread tomorrow
to go with the chili! :)
***
God bless and keep you all.
May God's mercy hold us up and save us!

11 comments:

Tracy said...

Be taking good care there, Elizabeth and feel better soon! Llooks like you are well prepared, so that is good... ;) GOD BLESS you, my friend! I'm still slow and snuffling with the flu... one day at a time! ((HUGS))

shoreacres said...

I have a friend who also can't take decongestants at night because they keep her awake and "twittery," as she says. A cold can be so wearisome: the exhaustion that comes with one is bad enough, let alone all the other symptoms. I hope you mend well, and soon. Sending you my best!

Unknown said...

So sorry that you aren't feeling well. My husband had a severe cold and in spite of our taking what we thought was every precaution I still caught it! It's good that you're aware of the need for rest = too often that's something people can't discipline themselves to do - or simply can't because of commitments. At any rate, stay inside and drink tea!

elizabeth said...

Tracy ~ I am so sorry for your flu!!! I hope you feel better very soon!!!
Linda - SA - yes, it's like that! and yes, colds are like that too!!! Thanks so much for your kind words and thoughts!

Liza - yes - same here! Tried so hard! Yes, I am doing my best to rest and drink tea!

Pom Pom said...

Oh no! Keep warm and get well soon, Elizabeth!

elizabeth said...

Thanks so much Pom Pom! ♡♡♡

Granny Marigold said...

I hope and pray you will feel better soon!!

Angela said...

I'm sorry you're sick. I hope you get better soon!

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, I am sorry to hear that you caught the cold. When I am so stuffed up and/or coughing, I sleep much better in a recliner chair. That way, my head is elevated and it is easier to breathe. I'm glad you have lots of tea to drink and chili for tomorrow. Rest well, dear, and get well.

Lisa Richards said...

Wish I lived close enough to bake you some cornbread! :) The tea and chili sound like good ideas. When we're grown up it's hard to find someone to pamper us when we're sick, like when we were children. We have to just do the best we can to care for ourselves. Too bad! Pampering is so nice! I'm glad you're taking care of yourself and getting some rest. Hope it doesn't hang on too long. The recliner idea is a good one!

elizabeth said...

Thanks so much Granny Marigold!

Angela - why hello, nice to meet you! thanks so much for your kind words!

Gina, Thanks. Yes, I use the couch in part because I use the arm rest for a pillow + a pillow for a good elevation... I am resting and thank God my Husband was able to spoil me today!

Lisa - oh that is so nice of you! I did not get cornbread but my Husband did warm up a baguette for us to have! Yes, I am doing my best to rest lots! I hope you are well and that you stay healthy this winter with all the busyness of moving!!!