Tuesday, February 19, 2019

A quiet day with an encouraging end











After the intensity of the last week,
and all the fun of yesterday, 
I was a bit more tired today and took some time out
to rest, in-between dishes, laundry, phone calls and the like.
I am so loving this book by Katherine Bolger Hyde... super fun read!
Mr Husband and I went out for dinner, it was really nice!
Afterwards we visited my friend in Hospital... another church friend
brought her flowers and we saw that she really has turned a corner 
in her recovery and is most likely moving to rehab tomorrow.
We are really pleased with how well she is recovering after a very serious 
few days of illness.  It's not my story but I can say that I was scared for a bit
about some things and am relieved to see things going so much better now.
Various church friends brought her gifts for her healing and she has
not only lovely flowers but a nice icon corner that is so cheerful 
and full of hope for healing.
And that was today...
I hope that there was some thing encouraging in your day
and that God's mercy is poured out on you.

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

It's good to hear your friend continues to feel better. Those flowers are so cheery.

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, I pray this week is a restful one for you. Some weeks we just have to take it slowly - this is me this week too! That hamburger is calling to me! xo

lizaellen said...

So thankful that your friend is recovering and getting good medical care as well as spiritual encouragement. Happy, too, that you've had a quiet day!

Lisa Richards said...

Glad your friend is better. That book does look good! :)