Friday, February 15, 2019

Nice Day, Intense Ending













I woke up feeling really happy,
earliest I woke all week!
I listened to prayers as I put away dishes from
the dishwasher and put dirty dishes back in and ran that.
Breakfast. Tea. Psalms. Second Breakfast.
Talked to my Mom who asked me about my friend.
I told her what I knew based on texts from earlier that morning.
I knew that she had a really difficult night in hospital. 
I got my hair cut! That was nice.  I like my hairdresser just fine and liked my haircut.
It was nice to be in the small town where we first lived when we were married.
I bought some stroopwafels and a kombucha, had my lunch mid-afternoon 
(since I had 2 breakfasts) at Panera, did a bit more grocery shopping and got 
some things for my friend.
I drove to the diner, after grabbing some things at home for my friend, 
and met Mr Husband there. We ate and then got some things for my friend
and my Husband went home with all of the chicken soup I made my friend
that she was not able to eat because of going to the hospital. 
We froze it all as we have a freezer in our garage,
I was careful to leave some space for the soup to expand as it freezes of course.
Mr Husband dropped me off on his way home with all the soup.
And I spent over an hour with my friend,
gave her the paper icons and taped them to the foot of her bed 
where she can see them at all times.
Obviously I am not going to go into details here but PLEASE 
keep praying for Photini (her Saint's name in Greek).
She had a very difficult last 2 days, at times frightening and 
she got really sick... she was praying so much... 
It was intense hearing about her harrowing time.
She is in ICU now and is comfortable...
Mr Husband gave me many hugs upon my request after I got home.
I may be able to see her again tomorrow, we will see. I will be texting her of course.
Please pray that she can get some sleep and for her protection and healing.
It was good to see her...
Please pray for us and may God help all of us
in the battle we face and the mountains we need to climb!

7 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Praying for Photini and for both of you.

Elizabethd said...

Keeping your friend in prayer.
I love Stroopwafels too!

Lisa Richards said...

It does sound like you had a busy and nice day. It sounds like Photini is resting more comfortably. I pray she is well on her way to healing.

Pom Pom said...

You have the biggest and squishiest heart ever. God be with your friend.

Lisa said...

Poor girl - how scary.
I bought that kombucha flavor once - I thought it tasted kind of odd. Let me know how you like it. They made a nice fall flavor that I tried a few weeks ago. I guess they like to make seasonal flavors.
It's awfully nice that you brought her some homemade food, and the familiar faces of the icons where she can see them!

elizabeth said...

Thanks everyone for your love and prayers!!!!
Lisa - VERY scary actually :( ... about the Kombucha flavour... I am not sure what I think of it... it was a strong taste, I did not hate it but it was not an easy to define flavour, not one of my favourites... ... I actually made her the food when I visited her on Wednesday before she went to Hospital... it's now in our freezer as she never got to eat it! Things changed quickly! I would want icons with me if I was in hospital so it is just a logical thing for me to bring. :)

Becki said...

What beautiful curls you have, Elizabeth! I catching up tonight. I hope your friend is getting better.