Monday, February 04, 2019

A Good Day however Cleo was thrown in the Clink for about 30 minutes!!!



I was feeling a lot better today...! 
Still congested but not so drippy or deeply weary... :)


I was enjoying this lunch of meat and potatoes with a glass of milk when
my doorbell rang. FOOLISHLY it seems now, I trustingly told Cleo
NOT to be naughty and ran down the steps so that I could
get the package that I was waiting for from our trusty UPS man. 
Well, I came back, put the box of books on the chair and then
spied Cleo under the table eating (licking) with gusto
This all happened very quickly and I soon discovered that Cleo the Catastrophic 
had purloined a small piece of gravy and meat from my plate,
managed to spill gravy on my white chair seat while doing so,
and was underneath the table gleefully licking the gravy off, 
somehow hoping to eat the meat that was much too big for her cat sized mouth,
though it was not a big piece in and of itself. 
Well, I should have grabbed and sprayed her with water before throwing her
in the Clink (i.e. the hall bathroom) chewing her out for being so naughty and 
ruining a choice small pre-cut up piece of roast beef with mushroom and onion gravy. 
There she remained in bathroom jail with only her litter box and a light on to comfort her.
She only meowed once.
The minute, no second, she got out, she was licking her lips and went right back to where
her meat had been. Of course, it was gone and she went right to her half finished bowl of milk
and pretended that was all she wanted after all.
And that is how Cleo was thrown in the Clink and how she got out again. 
Next time (I get an package again tomorrow, cleaning products this time) I will be sure to 
swiftly put my plate on the counter before running down those steps! 


I, for one, had more treats that day
but Cleo had none.


She did however listen when I regaled my Mother with her
stealing my lunch! And my Mother laughed, 
knowing how cute Cleo is, even when naughty.
Cleo knows she is cute and not in danger even when doing such 
naughtiness... even Mr Husband was still petting her tonight! 
I will be more careful tomorrow and will be ready,
DV, to give her treats again, tomorrow...
***


Too cute (the above picture) not to share.  :)
***
Well, I have read more of Miss Read today, put away my Christmas dishes
(I love them but never seem to be able to keep them in use after the 12 days +
special meals)... and I did more laundry and dishes.
Felt good to get things in order.
***
I am having a friend over for tea tomorrow afternoon!
I told her she needed to come and eat some of the Christmas chocolate with me! 
I am hoping to get back to writing again soon.
Life keeps happening but we will see what will be done.
I also need to organize the books I just ordered... 
Will DV write on these later on!
***
Meanwhile God bless each one of you, 
may you be given the hope for facing the difficult things in life,
the peace to get through it and the love for God and others that can be so hard to maintain 
to ease the pain of it.

6 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Oh that naughty Cleo. Not even a bit repentant!
Nice to hear you're still finding time for Miss Read.

Unknown said...

Oh, your Cleo story and the saluting kitty photo made me laugh out loud just now! Good medicine for my soul! I was hoping that Cleo's one "meow" while in solitary was an apology but now I'm not sure since she ran right back to the place where the purloined treat had been. Ah, well!

elizabeth said...

Liza, Cleo is meowing currently in a demanding way because she has not had a treat yet. I am afraid she is quite unrepentant! !!!!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Oh Cleo!
And you look so innocent :-D

karen said...

Cleo is an opportunist and if my Holly had a chance she'd do the same thing. Pesky cats!! Love the story and I hope you feel better!!

Lisa said...

Ha! I'm glad Miss Cleo had such a treat, even at your expense! I guess that makes me as naughty as she is - sorry! :( But it's so cute - yes, you must move your plate before leaving the table EVERY TIME. Or else. :D And they don't associate any "punishment" with what they've done, so it's really pointless. I guess you have to squirt them while they're doing the deed, and some will never understand that a thing is "bad" to do. (Dolly would. Sweetie wouldn't.) I'm glad you're feeling better. :)