Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Took down the Christmas tree in the day, the night was spent in sudden illness



This painting is by Joy 
This is where my Christmas tree was.
Fine normal day,
Christmas packed away.
By this evening when Mr Husband came home,
I was telling him how I felt strange,
as if I was stressed physically and very dehydrated, 
when nothing was out of the ordinary and I had had lots of tea.
Well, soon I fell ill.  I will spare you the details, (your welcome),
but I have not been so violently ill like that I think in all of my adult life.
I am less ill but still having problems at present (it's near 2 AM Tuesday morning,
I have yet to be able to sleep though I am not racked with overwhelming 
misery from horrible all encompassing nausea so I feel pretty peaceful!).
Anyway, wow, our bodies are so fragile.
My Husband was a hero in helping me.
I did already talk to a medical professional via video chat so 
I feel that I am doing the right things to get better.
I am thankful that I seem, please God, to be past the worst of it.

11 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh, yes, how fragile the body! So glad you are OK, Elizabeth, and that you are resting... Praying you will be well again soon!! ((HUGS))

Katie said...

Elizabeth, I'm a long-time lurker and a rare commenter--but I had to lend my sympathy as I came down with a stomach virus just this night, as well. It's been years since I had one, and I always forget just how wretched it is. Makes me admire the tenacity of the chronically ill and pregnant women all the more. May God grant you healing!

E Helena E said...

How awful! Praying for you, dear friend!

Pom Pom said...

It's that time of year. I hope you have a restful and "feel good" day, Elizabeth.

Elizabethd said...

So sorry. Maybe you ate something that upset you, it can happen so suddenly. Do drink lots of water.

lizaellen said...

Oh my gracious! I'm thankful that you were able to talk to a doctor via telephone; my son has that option available with his insurance and it's truly a comfort. Keep up with caring for yourself and give yourself a gentle day - Praying for healing and rest.

Nancy said...

Bless dear Mr. Husband for helping you! I hope tomorrow will be a good day for you.

Lisa Richards said...

So sorry to hear this! I hope you are continuing to feel better and better. Yes, lots of water seems like a good idea. Some teas can dehydrate you further. It is nice to be able to visit with a doctor from home! God bless and take care. :)

Granny Marigold said...

Sorry you had such a violent sickness but so thankful that you had your husband to take care of you. Hope you get over whatever it was quickly.

elizabeth said...

Thanks everyone for your kindness!

Thanks esp to Katie for introducing yourself! I love meeting new/old readers! I am so sorry you have been sick too and I do hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, what a gorgeous swan! The stomach flu is going around. My granddaughter was sick with it for a few days. I am glad you are feeling better. xo