Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Fast Free Wednesday ~ Lent is coming and this week we Feast

















Mr Husband had the day off today and we went to our friend's house 
to get things for her as she will be transferring to another medical facility to 
continue her healing process.
She has really turned a corner but it will be a few weeks before we will really 
know how quickly she will be fully back to her old self.
I hope to see her one more time tomorrow ... then she may be in a city nearby but 
not easy for me to get to and I will not be able to see her then,
so I have some chocolate to bring her DV tomorrow 
for the next leg of her journey towards regaining her health. 
We had lunch at the diner and then went to our friend in hospital 
and delivered her things and had a nice visit. 
Later on I was really tired so we had fruit and I had a pot of decaf tea
and cheese and crackers.
Then I read a bit while Mr Husband worked on various things
and then we had the second half of our fast-free Wednesday burgers for dinner while
watching the Walton's and doing some housework after this and prayers.
I finished Arsenic with Austen and will be interested in seeing what 
Hyde does with the next book! 
I can tell I am tired and will need some down time tomorrow,
so I will be sure to keep this in mind for myself.
I pray that God helps each of us in our burdens and have mercy on us!

7 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Your photos of food always make me hungry, especially the chocolates.

So glad for your friend. I'm sure she appreciates all you are doing for her.

Elizabethd said...

Time to take some rest, I think!
How good to hear that your friend is being so well cared for.

Tracy said...

Hi, Elizabeth! Such good news about your friend! :) Very much hoping and praying for her continued recovery! Hope you have a good visit with you, since you may not be able to see her for a bit what with the distance, etc. Such delicious food..YUM! Oh, I miss diners! We don't really have them here. :/ Nope... Sadly, no Saturday morning diner breakfasts here--I sooo miss those! Lent is much on my mind as well, just a couple of weeks away now! I started my food/menu/shopping list this week... :))) Enjoy your rest day. GOD BLESS you & yours, my friend ((HUGS))

shoreacres said...

I especially like the photos of the views out your windows. They remind me of pleasant days visiting friends in NYC, whose apartment was up by Columbia, in Morningside Heights. I always was there in winter, and loved the way the snow softened the city.

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, I hope you have a restful week/weekend! And I spy Godiva chocolates! YUM!

lizaellen said...

Very thankful your friend will be continuing with good care even if it isn't close. We had a lovely snow day here in Central NJ but it's all gone today which is actually not too bad! I downloaded a sample of the Hyde book you read but haven't had a chance to dip into it yet because I'm doing a study and reading two other books! I love your quiet evenings and am having a few of those with my husband lately. Blessings and have a good night's rest!

lizaellen said...

So happy that your friend will continue to get the care she needs even though it won't be nearby. I downloaded a sample of the Hyde book but haven't had a chance to dip into it yet; i'm currently doing a study and reading two books right now but look forward to trying a new author! Blessings and have a restful night!