Wednesday, February 27, 2019

3 steps forward, 2 steps back





Well, lots of resting done today.
After my Husband commented to my talking about how
surprised at how tired I am, that of course I am so tired since I am 
eating so little and then, without thinking or or realizing the consequences,
I had a Popsicle. Felt energized, later had another. And then at dinner,
after my chicken soup, 3 strawberries. 
Opps.  Got sick again.  :(
So back on the BRAT (Banana, Rice, Applesauce, Toast) diet with
medicine also.  And lots to drink. 
We got some sick day supplies this morning and so glad we did.
Mr Husband was home again today but tomorrow he is back to work
so I promised I would stick to the BRAT diet and be more careful. 
Other than this, I had a nice day... lots of naps, resting.
I had chicken noodle soup which I enjoyed.
This morning I had some bad sinus pain but a decongestant helped with that.
I finished listening to Emily Denniston by DE Stevenson
it was engaging, very much an 'early book' but I am glad I listened to it.
I must say that I enjoyed the narration of it by Emma D'Inverno who was 
unknown to me before this but who I felt did a really good job
of narrating it and having the characters have their own voice, each
and she added to the experience of the book nicely. 
My Husband has been so kind to me, getting me things, etc.
I am so glad I married him and that together we have our life together...
***
Thanks each of you for your comments, each of them blesses and encourages me!
***
It's funny, how one can have a day that someone else would think was
not that fun, but even though I had the pain this morning, it passed 
and I rested while my Husband was home all day,
I was able to eat at the table with him for the first time since I got ill,
and Cleo came for a visit, sitting on my chair as she often does
when I am at the table. 
***
I will miss my dear one tomorrow but I will be with God no matter what
and will be careful to eat tummy-friendly things and I have
another audible book I can listen to, and enough crackers, juice and soup
to get me by.
***
I hope whatever you are facing today, that you can have
peace within it and the Lord's promise of His everlasting help and mercy.