Friday, February 08, 2019

Whew, another week, another Friday, with Beauty









Early this morning I turned and saw the twinkle fairly lights under
my kitchen counters had turned very bight and I looked closely
and saw that a few bulbs had burnt out and sure enough,
within minutes, half of the strand, the half that was lit up so
very brightly, had gone out for good. 
So I took out the whole strand.
I really need to research better Christmas white light alternatives as I am lucky
if the lights last half a year (I of course having them on for hours each day). 
Meanwhile, with our house being blessed DV this Sunday evening, 
I was quite discouraged to have them go out just then,
as I had no spare strands of lights and my Christmas tree is still up...
I researched where to get lights very quickly and they are now coming tomorrow... 
But I still should research to see if there is a better way for the future.
Any suggestions? 
I find it so dismally dark without them in the kitchen,
I struggle without them and miss them like crazy.
it's funny, what things one can miss.
***
Today I felt that all the running around of the last few months 
plus recovering from my cold had left me feeling quite tired.
I am still struggling a bit with that. 
***
We met a friend for dinner and had him over to enjoy
our home with (trader joes) vegan cookies and tea.
***
My Husband brought home flowers.
***
I finished another DE Stevenson book, an early one,
I enjoyed it... 
***
I read also recently Fr. Gordon Walker's book Led by His Love.
It was a very readable lovely book about a Southern Baptist boy and later
Preacher who God lead to become an Orthodox Christian over a many
year search with other friends who felt a great pull to find out
how the early Christians worshiped and to follow in their footsteps. 
***
Praying that God blesses and helps each of us in our struggles 
each day and carries us through. 

5 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I feel the same way about the little white lights. I leave them on 24/7. My theory is that they last longer that way since they don't have to go on and off. This is only MY idea ( but my lights seem to last a long time).
The flowers your husband brought home are such a delicate colour, very pretty.

Juliana said...

You might look at undercabinet lighting strips--they are LED strips that can be mounted under the cabinet and plugged in to put on a switch. They last forever, and I haven't had a strip burn out yet. My kitchen has similar lighting issues, and those strips make my workspace functional.

I used these under four cabinets (one pack for under each cabinet): https://www.homedepot.com/p/Westek-LED-Ultra-Thin-White-Strip-Light-3-Pack-USL30HBCC/203844692#

There are a lot of options on amazon too, including LED pop lights that you can just stick on and then click on with your fingers. I have one under the sink and it just now (after 11+ years) is going.

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, I'm sorry that your light string went out. I hope you find ones that last longer soon. What a sweet husband to bring you flowers! I pray you have a good night's rest and wake up feeling better.

Lisa Richards said...

My stove doesn't have a light over it, so I just installed one of the stick on LED lights that Juliana mentioned. It doesn't light as well as I'd like, but I'm sure there are many variations on the idea. Hope you find the right solution! Light is so important to me, so I understand! :)

Martha said...

That book Led by His Love sounds great.
Those maple leaf cookies are SO yummy. My daughter who works at TJs tried the NEW lemon vegan cookies, I think they're soft & cream filled, like a whoopie pie.