Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Convalescing

I did not get much sleep last night,
was sick until early afternoon today.
Spent lots of time resting, napping and at times listening to an
audible book. I have managed to graduate from
only Gatorade and water to graham crackers and applesauce.
Tomorrow I hope to eat a bit more.
I can tell that it will take the rest of the week to recover,
it was really quite a bad sickness.
My sincere thanks for all your kind comments and prayers.
I guess this is a good way to get ready for lent!
When one has all the nastiness purged from one's system, LOL...
My Husband has been a real comfort.
He stayed home to be with me, working from home,
which he usually does on Wednesdays only so that
was a real blessing.
I pray that wherever we find ourselves, that we find that God's mercy is with us.

7 comments:

lizaellen said...

Happy to hear that you're feeling a bit better and praying for your healing. How wonderful that your husband was with you. The last time I was ill my husband even went shopping at the grocery store (his least favorite thing to do) and brought little treats home for me. It's a good feeling! Blessings and rest well.

shoreacres said...

I was out of town for a few days, and missed the fact that you've not been well. I'm so glad that you're improving, at least a bit, and pray that full recovery comes quickly for you!

Elizabethd said...

Keep resting. Take time to recover fully.

Nancy said...

There has to be a better way to prepare for Lent!! Glad you are doing a bit better. Plenty of rest and fluids for you.

Paula said...

Oh my goodness, I hope you are feeling better. So hard to start eating after being so sick. Glad you've got Mr. Husband, I'm sure he's taking good care of you!

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, you poor thing! I hope that you are feeling better soon. Rest well.

Lisa said...

There seems to be a lot of strong viruses about this year. What an awful bout you had!