Thursday, February 28, 2019

Reinforcements in Sickness



We had a very nice cozy day in a lot of ways.
Mr Husband and I are a team in sickness.
Did a lot of resting.
I had some sinus pain again.
I am trying to stay well hydrated.
I ordered lots more water, Gatorade, vitamin water,
saltines and applesauce.
I am sure we will be quite ready to eat other foods 
when we are better
but we are thankful for the provisions to help us heal. 
A friend brought us hot rice and bland chicken, which was a really
nice change... also we received more chicken noodle soup and bananas. 
I also had a toasted English Muffin dry but with honey and that was really nice.
So these things are a real blessing.
And various friends and family have texted or emailed,
also a blessing.
***
A lovely Ortho-announcement: 
I got word that this woman's Psalter 





(above are some sample pages I took on my phone camera)


I am ordering for various local friends here
but those not local, if you don't have this, do look into it,
I love it so much, it's both perfect for us women and the meditations between
the Psalter sections (this Psalter is divided up into 20 sections) are so
inspiring and encouraging. 
***
Also, Ortho-Christian note:
which is quite exciting.
She was one of the first woman's Saints I knew in my first year of Orthodoxy
and who I took (but not her name) as my patron when I was christmated...
my name's Saint is St Elizabeth the Mother of John the Baptist... 
***
Well, that's all the news for today!
***
May God bless, save and have mercy on us! 

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm sorry to hear that your husband got it, but it's hard to avoid, isn't it? May you both be much better soon!

Granny Marigold said...

I hope both of you continue getting over that nasty bug and feel 100% once again.

Paula said...

Feel better soon. It's so hard when both of you are sick.

Lisa Richards said...

Feeling just a tiny bit cruddy myself. The simple foods you mentioned are very soothing. Take care and quick healing to both of you!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

There has been so much sickness this year. I am sorry it is affecting you and your family and send prayers for health and comfort and support in the meantime.