Thursday, February 14, 2019

Re-Group, Recover Day + Valentines Dinner at home with my Sweetheart















My Day started, in someways, at 3 AM when we got a call on my Husband's phone,
a phone scam from overseas, but in my sleepiness I was worried about my 
friend as if she was trying to call, when really she did not have my Husband's 
phone number, she uses my phone number only! 
But in the middle of the night when woken from sleep suddenly,
one is not always thinking clearly.
So it took me a while to fall back asleep and I admit I slept in a bit today. 
I took it easy, while doing some dishes, having breakfast and tea,
read my Psalms, had a great conversation with my Mom on the phone,
all the while still keeping tabs on my sick friend
who is still in hospital... texting can be a really helpful thing...
She may need surgery tomorrow.
My Husband came home and we had a nice dinner together,
leftover mussels in curry sauce from last night, 
then spaghetti with meat sauce and then a salad.
We had brownies first, as we don't want sugar too late at night.
We played a game of Dominion, my Husband won again by 3 points!
My priest visited my friend tonight again in the Hospital...
I am so glad for that.
Tomorrow I am going to get my haircut in a neighboring town
and will probably visit her before or after this...
She is not out of the woods yet with whatever is going on
and we all hope to know more tomorrow. 
My Husband gave me 2 Orthodox CDs for Valentines Day
(they are what I wanted) and I know that is super Ortho-Geeky :) ....
He got one of his toy soldiers, which is also Geeky and we like it just fine that way.
I realize this is a rather scattered post/report of my day
but some days are like that!
Please pray for my friend.
Her Saint's name in Greek is Photini (means light)... I don't feel right
giving her real name here but God will know who you pray for
if you would be so kind as to pray for her.
Thank God for medical care and that I was able to rest up a bit today.
I pray that whatever you are facing right now,
can be done with the mercy of God and that you will know
the peace and compassion of Christ.

3 comments:

Tracy said...


How LOVELY your Valentine's table and food, Elizabeth... those mussels look sooo good! How wonderful the gift of music from your sweetheart! Glad you had a sweet day... Thought I'm very sorry your friend is struggling... Prayers on the way! :) God bless you & yours, my friend ((HUGS))

Granny Marigold said...

I have been listening to Les Chants des Pelerins as I read my library book. It's such relaxing singing. I'm glad I saw your CD.
I hope and pray your friend will get well quickly. It must be so worrisome for you.
Your Valentine's supper and table looked lovely. Your meals are always so nicely presented.

Lisa said...

I pray your friend will be getting better soon. The mussels look interesting. :)