Monday, February 18, 2019

Monday ~ Fun Day ~ Tea, Shopping and a general Girls Day Out in NYC (part 1)


I had a really good day.
My friend came and we had a quick up of tea and
brownies, laughing with Mr Husband who was making up
parodies in poem form,
then off to NYC via cab and PATH train, 
Lunch at Tea and Sympathy (we did not have the tea pictured here,
but what a fun 'tea tray goal' for future teas!) 
We went to Lion Brand Studio, Micheal's, a diner and Trader Joe's
afterwards and it was really fun!
After my friend and I came back and she went home,
Mr Husband and I had cheese and crackers + a salad for dinner 
and Watched the Walton's. 
I took tons of pictures, but it's getting late so will try to do a 
'part 2' tomorrow.
***
I was in contact with my friend in Hospital and she had visitors from
our local church who came and some brought really thoughtful food and prayer gifts
so that's wonderful and I hope to see her tomorrow.
I feel that she is really turning a corner, being out of ICU and from everything
she told me today. Baby Steps towards healing and DV back home later on.
***
I am very relieved that she seems to be past the worst of this,
though she still has a ways to go to regain her full health. 
***
Thank you for everyone who prayed for her! 
Please keep praying!
***
I am so glad for today, it was a really refreshing day for me,
just what I needed and I am really grateful.
***
I got 2 pads of paper for water colours that I paint and write on when I am
doing some thinking/processing and I bought some washi tape and a tube of
blue water colour paint as my tube in the set I have is pretty much gone.
It was nice that I could buy just the one small tube of paint. 
***
Praying that God helps each of us in our journeys towards Christ
and the peace that we crave that is found in Christ....
May God have mercy on us!

1 comment:

lizaellen said...

I'm hoping that this comment will process correctly - What a wonderful way to spend your day! I find the city so overwhelming but I love to see your photos and hear of your experiences!