Sunday, February 17, 2019

Sunday ~ beauty, progress and games over dinner

















So beautiful in Church this morning.
The last parish council member, and the oldest, was sworn in today.
Our beloved candle desk man.
Between sicknesses and being at our other church,
I finally gave him his Christmas gift today!
I ended up talking about my local hospitalized friend a lot 
after liturgy... wonderful to see church family in action...
My friend is now out of ICU but still very sick.
Please pray for continued rest, healing and wisdom for her healing...
It's hard to see her so sick and to know 
the suffering she went through.
***
Mr Husband crushed me big time today and I won twice, one by a lot. 
We are about even from the various times we played this one. 
***
Tomorrow I hope to go to NYC with a friend for lunch
and craft supply shopping ... :) 
It will be nice!
***
I am feeling really tired, I think more emotional tiredness.
I am really trying to take care of myself too, 
as I can't be of help to anyone if I am unwell myself. 
***
May God help us all and have mercy on us. 

5 comments:

Tracy said...

How wonderful those words of St. Seraphim of Sarov!! How beautiful your church! Glad you had some weekend fun and games! Such fun with card/board games, isn't it?! VERY great news about your friend--GOD is GOOD!! Very much hoping she will be in recovery mode soon... Be keeping well there too... Have a lovely time in NYC! Can't wait too/see hear about your craft supplies shopping!! :))) Wishing you & yours a VERY BLESSED WEEK! ((HUGS))

shoreacres said...

It's interesting. Even when I see photos of your church without any people in the scene, it feels warm and full. The candles, especially, evoke the hands of those who lit them, and the icons the cloud of witnesses that surround them. It's always a pleasure to see.

Martha said...

What book is that from? The church was especially beautiful with the light...and new mother with her baby. So sweet.

Lisa said...

St. Seraphim was right on the money! (I'm glad your husband doesn't beat you all the time) :)

Granny Marigold said...

I hope you had a great day shopping and going out to eat with your friend.
Have a wonderful week.