Wednesday, February 06, 2019

At long last ~ A Yarn Along Report







It has been a very long time since I did a Yarn Along blog post!
Well, I have been working on a simple garter / knit stitch scarf 
for a friend who loves to walk in NYC and in winter could use a scarf!
I've been enjoying it and have 6-8 inches to go,
my Husband above modeled it for me so that I could be sure! 
I enjoyed very much 
Christmas at Thrush Green and 
Christmas with Miss Read, 
this one I just finished reading today!
I am also enjoying the
very much! I just got it this week, finally, and am very much impressed by it.
So gentle, encouraging and I am already in the beginning planning of
a Psalter Group in my area to pray this during Great Lent, Lord Willing! 
***
I hope to be reading some other Orthodox books and have some 
DE Stevenson books waiting for me as well.
***
I find that November-January is a very busy time for me,
with Christmas things - decorating, various dinner and lunch parties,
baking, travel at times, and this lasts through January!
So I am just getting back into things
and hope to finish the scarf somewhat soon,
do some more work in my goddaughter's quilt and I hope
work on my writing, as well as Lent coming, more hospitality,
and reading, including the Psalter

4 comments:

karen said...

beautiful scarf! I adore garter stitch and how squishy it is :)

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I just read my first Miss Read book. It was the stories from a village school book. I look forward to reading another book.
Do you know what the first book in the series you are reading is called please?

Angela Pitout said...

such a pretty scarf!

Nancy said...

Your photos of Miss Read books are tempting me to read mine again. Wonderful series. Also love the almost full photo of Mr. Husband. One of these days you are going to surprise everyone with a full photo shot of both of you!

Blessings to both of you and to Cleo!