Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Out Shopping...


I made it recently to
a local kitchen and home store.
The picture above shows
something I had been wanting for a long time.

Ethnic Food Geek I guess summarizes the
pencil pocket case that it comes in...
they are metal chop sticks...
I had wanted a metal pair for myself
as they are easiest to maintain...
and so now I have it!

I will have to thank a few people for these
lovely things I am about to show you;
they were gotten with the last of our
saved gift cards from our wedding...
We tend to not buy in haste but with deliberation...
usually... :)

My pepper grinder had been acting up
more and more lately.
To the point that it was giving Mr. Husband no end
of grief, always jamming and even breaking a bit
up top...
so I got this new one;
made in the USA, lifetime warranty,
said not to jam or otherwise cause pepper problems.

It's a cute little one!
Can't wait for guests to come over and use it...

Just to say that even just cleaning up after tea
is such an enjoyable thing.
I savour being able to do these simple things...

A thicker candle to burn long lasting hours...
 
I did indeed get a pizza peel.
I will let you know how it goes,
baking bread with it!
it's so light weight and
made with sustainable materials...
And so the shopping is mostly done! 

2 comments:

Martha said...

Oooh...I hope you enjoy your pizza peel. I like that you got a pepper grinder made in the USA (did you get it at Williams-Sonoma?), I have one that I've had for 7 years (I think) from Pampered Chef...still works, but not the best. Cleaning up is not my favorite activity (what a pretty colored teapot), but I must admit I love prepping for tea!

elizabeth said...

thanks Martha... got mine at a local store here; not W-S... tea is so fun; I think I am just glad for the chance and energy to do things like clean up after tea! :)