Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Lent Day 30 ~ a friend for tea, sewing and Cleo








A friend is coming to tea today.
Meanwhile, 
I have been meaning to mention...
it was interesting also as a peak into the culture of 
Catholic Mothers and the general struggles that
many mothers, esp. of big families, have. 
*
My Mom gave me this very cute graduation mug.
It has a crack now on the inside and outside,
so it has been 'retired' but I took these pictures to
remember it and my Mom's kindness in seeing it
and getting it for me.
It was a graduation gift for my
Masters in Library and Information Science,
along with a set of Dutch dessert spoons and forks
that are sweetly called 'Elizabeth'.
*
Ascetic Homilies of St. Issac are found
more inexpensively here
and free here!
Under a different title:
Very Neat!
Now everyone can read this if they so desire! 
thanks again Gretchen Joanna! :)
*
Now I must get the kettle on, and God Willing write
the rest of this post later on today.
*
[Now that the day is done I can write more]
I have kept my Annunciation Icon up, even though the
Feast is over.
It's from my godmother and is just so comforting,
the Lord's will,
"be it as you say."
*
This day ended up being a sunny one.
My friend and I had tea and chocolate
and lunch together.
I made another green smoothie, it's becoming a habit :)
And I learned how quilt so I don't have so many loose threads when I am done.
I got one whole panel done of my godson's quilt!
*
I am really seeing how much weight Cleo has lost.
I wonder if she is still losing weight,
I can feel her shoulder bones, her spine, she's really thin now
under all that fur.
She's taken to being in the hall bathroom bathtub for much of the day,
I coax her out with special treats.
She is clearly or has been quite worried/traumatized as I found
a scab, about a centimetre in circumference, under her chin.
She must of scratched it open yesterday :(
I am gaining in concern about her having more blood work on Saturday.
If something conclusive is found tomorrow, I am planning on 
asking if the second blood work with additional tests is needed.
*
Mr. Husband and I are really feeling that it is towards the end of Great Lent.
I am hoping to bake chocolate chip cookies tomorrow.
I have been doing Pascha and these cookies for a few years now...
here's when I made them in 2011, but I think I had been baking them for probably
2 years before that.... 
so at least 7 years now! 
*
I finally got out to take a good walk today,
after dinner with Mr. Husband.
It was nice to get out.
*
Well, that's Lent Day 30!


2 comments:

Rosemary said...

That is one of my favorite podcasts! They have so much fun together. :) I haven't listened to the episode with Ginny yet though.

I really hope that you find answers for Cleo without having to take more bloodwork!!

Tia said...

Poor Cleo. :( I hope she doesn't need the additional bloodwork.