Thursday, April 28, 2016

Holy Thursday ~ various and wonderful













I began reading Lynette's Hope just before
we began going to services at our far away church.
I did not sleep well at all last night,
and read about half of this book.
I was not able to go to the Thursday liturgy in the morning
and read a lot more of this book.
What beauty, what depth, what struggle!
It's a book that is more beautiful and deep than I could of
ever expected.  I should know better by now,
to expect depth in books that are promoted on
AFR... it's lovey.
And a book that is so current...
I found myself reading a section about seeing
the goodness of God in light of great suffering
and that God's will stems from His goodness.
****
Mr Husband and I went to a Middle Eastern Resturant for dinner
wtih some friends, was lovely.
****
We made it to the 12 Passion Gospels.
There is a candle lit for every Gospel read,
so 12 candles at the end.
****
In the middle of the service this happened:

Lenten temptation 2001: 

So we are at the long night 12 Gospel service. We had a cat sitter come to give Cleo her meds on time tonight. And she texts me, asking 'is it normal that Cleo foams blood out of her mouth?'... she had a white liquid med that she hates (it's bitter) and when she was bubbling it out, it the liquid was pink not white. We don't know if she bit herself (tongue, lip?), if (she is super hard to give meds too, thrashes all over) her mouth was scraped and bleed or if she has a small amount of internal bleeding.

GOOD NEWS is that 1. she had no blood after that 2
. She ate wet and dry cat food after this incident 
3. the cat sitter went back to check on her later and Cleo was fine (hiding but fine), no blood and purring. 

I will call the Vet tomorrow about it, told the cat sitter to not worry about the meds until she hears from me and am just not going to worry about something unknown at this point.

****

It's Holy Week.
There's always temptations.
I am hoping that I can go to 2 of the 3 services tomorrow.
My throat is still quite swollen.
I got some super strong throat lozenges that basically 
numb the throat.
I am doing my best to practice thankfulness.
I have a lot to be thankful for.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Blessed Holy Week to you! Im sorry to hear you've not been feeling well. I hope you're feeling better for Pascha! Such lovely photos...

Tracy said...

Such BEAUTIFUL pictures!! So glad in spite of your illness you've been able to enjoy some of Holy Week! Hoping you--and Cleo, too--will be better soon! I must add Lynette's Hope to my reading list. Thanks you for sharing good reading with us! Have a Blessed Pascha this weekend! :)

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Poor Cleo and poor you :-(
But your photos are wonderful and it is very nearly Pascha :-)

Tia said...

Poor Cleo -- she just can't seem to get a break. :(
Hopefully, you are feeling better and the enemy doesn't wreak havoc on your plans to attend services today.
Continued prayers for a Blessed Holy Week for you, your husband and sweet Cleo.

Pom Pom said...

Such pretty photos today, Elizabeth!

GretchenJoanna said...

How wonderful that you were able to go to Matins of Holy Friday! I did, too... it's one of my favorite services. You are probably at church again as I'm writing. God bless you - and Cleo!