Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Cooking and baking: how to create comfort in a week that is already long and it's only Tuesday




(I use this version of the recipe)
I've been making this torte since 2014... 
and still love it! 







I made a delicious comforting soft flavourful easy beef stroganoff and
you are going to love it!
I wrote all about it, including the recipe, on my new 
foodie blog, All the Ribbons! Please go here to read about it! 
I can't wait to have it again on Thursday!
(We fast from meat/dairy Wednesday/Friday)...
Please take a look! 
The title for this blog post is 


They have the perfect salt balance, not too much, just perfect; they melt in your mouth;
so light, fluffy, a hint of savoury that makes you want to eat another... 
blog title for this one, on my All the Ribbons blog:



 So so good!


Cleo and I made to the vet and back!
Here's what I wrote earlier on social media:
Cleo was a real trooper at the vet! She has liver problems which we knew before and she has jaundice now so it's getting worse… her weight loss was only 4 oz so not as bad as I had feared, but she's losing muscle mass which is why I feel her bones by her shoulder more now…
 I'm going to try to give her medicine but she really dislikes medicine so I don't know if that will work but I'll give it a try!
[and later on:]
Yay!!!! I crushed Cleo's pill and put it in a little bit of melted French vanilla ice cream and she licked the plate clean!!! And I got most of her liquid medication in her too! This is pretty much a miracle!
***
So she is in a progressive liver disease situation.
The medicine can help slow it down, potentially, but there is 
no reversal or cure.
Cleo so far is slowing down but still eating and drinking.
We will take it day by day...


I had the second to last chocolate revel bar from my Mom.
I am going to need to learn to bake these.
And soon.



Leftovers for dinner.  So good.  




 I hope to write the plum torte up later on my new All the Ribbons blog.
***
So Mr Husband's Uncle H is on hospice care now. 
We all think it is just a matter of time, 
but last I heard, his vitals are still good... 
I deeply appreciate your prayers.
***
Tomorrow I am supposed to bring the car in for an oil change.
And I have a phone meeting.
And Mr Husband is home, which means green salad, fruit salad and maybe 
a curry will be made, as I have left over curry paste from the delicious
peanut sauce beef satay I made recently.
And Thursday I am in NYC.
And Friday lunch with a dear friend.
And so it goes. 
***
I am really glad I had a morning of baking the plum torte and 
creating the world's best biscuits + a perfect easy beef stroganoff. 
I have a strong suspicion that both are so good because,
as our waiter at our one super fancy meal on our honeymoon
in Quebec City said:
everything is better with butter.
***
May God bless and help us!
And perhaps you agree, butter, next to great biscuits and cake, 
and not to trump tea, are some of God's blessings to us in this life...

4 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Oh definitely...butter is best!

Paula said...

Everything sounds so good. We really liked the new shepherd's pie we tried this week. It was good today reheated too :)

E Helena E said...

It can be quite harrowing dealing with the decline of elderly beloved cats. Praying for your faithful friend Cleo XXOO

Lisa Richards said...

So sorry about your Hubby's uncle. I pray that his eyes are trained on Jesus and he is at peace.
Yes, I agree with your waiter. Everything IS better with butter! Have fun with your food blog!