Thursday, July 04, 2019

Salvage Spice Operation - a Success!



While we enjoyed yesterday's meal, 
we both found it was not spicy enough.
It needed more heat and spice! So, after some thinking, 
internet searching and advice from a curry-making friend,
I commenced on a plan to revise the already cooked food!
***
My "Salvage Spice Operation" worked great! 
Here's what I did:
 Melted coconut oil, sauteed half an onion (chopped up), 
added lots of spices, ground, including: 
turmeric, cayenne pepper, coriander, cumin, cinnamon.  
Chopped up two jalapeno green peppers and 
put in everything other than the top (so the seeds went in as well). 
Added freshly ground black pepper and freshly ground sea salt. 
Added coconut oil as I went/as needed.  
I then added this mixture to the 3 dishes I made 
(half of it went right to be bigger dish as it was 2x the size)
 and 1/4 each in the other two.  
Much better - heat and spice was more present.  
Salvage Spice Operation was a success, 
and I learned another new technique for cooking! YAY! 

5 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Nice that you could salvage the rather bland dishes but I'm amazed by how much spice you put into them. You must like REALLY spicy hot food.
I seem to have missed a few of your recent posts so am going back to read them.
Have a good Friday. ( I am having that laser surgery on my eyes tomorrow morning. Hopefully my eyesight will be improved!)

elizabeth said...

thanks Granny Marigold! Yes, we like our Indian food about medium in spice! :)
Will pray for your surgery!!!

karen said...

my husband loves spicy and I do not like peppery hot. So when he makes curry he makes it to my spice level and then he adds pickled peppers to spice his dish up. Works for us!!

Granny Marigold said...

Thanks for praying about my procedure. It was uncomfortable but not painful and I should see some improvement in my eyesight withing 24 hours.

elizabeth said...

Karen, good to find out what works! :)

Granny Marigold - you are so welcome ~ I do hope most sincerely that you have great improvement in your eyesight! do let me know!