Saturday, January 19, 2019

Theophany 2019...





The verses for Theophany in the above picture really struck me.
Everything is blessed, everything refreshed, water renewing... 


Spoiled so much, we got another Christmas gift,
a book I have heard such great things about, that is called
Cancer, My Love, about a woman in Romania whose faith
and love is so inspiring, her book has changed lives,
encouraged... I hope to read this...
Lent is still well over a month away but already I am aware of it
and if I am not reading this book before then, I should read it during Lent...
I have such a long way to go...



We enjoyed more treats from my Grandma... 


My Husband cut a thick slice of St Basil's bread that had the coin in it...
he gave it to me and while he was not looking, I switched plates
so that he got it, as I wanted him to have the blessing, 
and feel that we are both blessed since he gave it to me to have the blessing :) 


This seems to be my Christmas for tea... I am getting more in the mail...!
will show you when it comes, DV.... 
***
After being away for 2 days for Theophany, we are staying local this weekend.
I am really tired, as is Mr Husband.... it will be good to get some rest...
***
One of you asked (I think it was Gretchen Joanna) if the Christmas miracle is 
related to the long-term unbloggable worry we had. 
YES!!!! It is!
We are going to have resolution to a 2 year struggle that really began 3 years ago.
It will take time but for the first time in a long time
we have hope for better...
A dear church friend when she heard the good news felt that
God has moved in our lives so visibly, that we were in the wilderness
and that God delivered us out of it. 
When God worked after many months of struggle, so quickly, I am still 
a bit lost at sea in terms of seeing that this struggle is really over.
It's such a miracle.
We are praying that as we work towards full resolution that God will continue
to give us such encouragement and rebuilding that we (like so many) are in need of.
***
Well, I better get on towards bed again now.
I seem to blog late at night these last months.
It is raining thick drops... I think the snow many are getting is going to just be rain here.
But that's OK, even if I love snow.
***
God bless and help us all,
I know that so many of us are in so many difficult battles.
Lord have mercy on us and save us! 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I had also wondered if the miracle was connected to the unbloggable issue - I am very glad to hear it is, and that all is better. xo

Tracy said...

Dear Elizabeth... what JOY that your are being lifted from this deep period of time in the Valley! GOD is sooo GOOD! May He continue to bless you each step of the way... :))) ((HUGS))