Monday, January 14, 2019

The 8th day of Christmas... St Basil's Day!





























I baked St Basil's bread!
I also listened to the liturgy for this day (that was done on 
the new calendar Jan 1st) 


this was so fun! 
Listening, remembering the times I was at the sister Monastery (Holy Dormition) to this one,
at liturgy and at the Akathist for St Basil... and before New Years, 
the Akathist Glory to God for All Things
that you can listen to here:


Cleo was being pious and focusing on St Basil for a bit.
Later she tried to sneak my buttered bread. Ha!

The bread was really fun to bake! 

After dinner tonight, Mr Husband and I read some of our Christmas cards, 
which was great!

I hope to have 2 friends over for soup for lunch tomorrow.

I seem to have the beginnings (?) of a cold and am using lots of Kleenex.
So I better get to bed pronto!

Praying for many and that however is reading this will be blessed
and carried by Christ through their own difficulties!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

It's such a joy to see your Christmas celebrations, Elizabeth! How delicious all the baking and food--YUM! LOVE that snowman stack of goodies--how cute! This is such a wonderful time for prayer, reflection and enjoyment. Lent feels to arrive late this year, and so we enjoy the Christmas as long as we can! ;) Oh, but that teeny, tiny Nativity set is so sweet! Is is brass? I like how your display the cards on the ribbons in the kitchen--great space-saving idea! Lovely to see how Cleo joins in on everything... Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

elizabeth said...

Hi Tracy! Thanks~!! I love that Snowman Stack too :) It's filled with so many fun goodies! Yes, Lent IS late this year and I am loving it! Yes, Cleo is always around and loved (and at times naughty, LOL!) ... Yes, the Nativity Set I believe is brass... I should polish it one day! :) God bless you!!! a big HUG back!

GretchenJoanna said...

It's wonderful how you have had the strength to go with your joyful projects. Take care of yourself, too! I was glad to read that you were going to go to bed :-)