Friday, January 25, 2019

Busy day with many blessings and disappointments too





Whew, what a busy full day!
Cleaning took a lot of the day, laundry and the like.
Thank God the house is in much better order and clean again! 
Well, I was running behind.... I had a gingerbread cake to bake and a baptism to go 
to tomorrow, which I had many things packed to give to out of town dear friends
and then.... the disappointment... late in the day I found out that my Husband's cold/cough is worse and he's now on meds
and I just pray it is not this or worse... 
he will be monitored of course and taking it easy.
Thank God I am well and can do a lot of 'taking care of' in this way... 
teas, raw honey, elderberry syrup, over-the-counter meds, etc etc 
you name it, I have it on hand.
That's one of my pantry goals is to have on hand these sort of things,
I feel like it is part of my job description as a wife and homemaker. 
The second part of the disappointment is that we now can't go to the baptism
as we so hoped to do.  It's an hour's + drive one way and not possible now.
And I had just gotten a whole bunch of wonderful things for people who were coming 
for out of town, so all that work and now I can't follow through on it! 
We are trying to figure out a Plan B for the upstate-NY friend but the rest may not be 
possible to do, we will see later on what is what.
So some big bummers and a serious prayer request for a full return to health for my beloved. 



 In the midst of this, I knew that 2 packages were coming today!!!
the first, as you see above (!!!) are homemade beautiful delicious cookies and a super
great delicious can't wait to have it soon hot chocolate from my dear friend 
Grace who makes so many beautiful things, including the dolls I wrote about earlier.
(btw her daughter still has 2 dresses for sale, do take a look for young ones!!)



Also the drip catchers (yes, I have a huge stash of them now,
I was so excited to find these for such a good price!), tea and teapot came today!
I am so pleased.  It ended up being just a bit over the free shipping amount to get the tea
and teapot instead of just the drip catchers and you know me and tea :)
I got decaf teas which will be so nice to have in the afternoon! 
And we still hope to do the Christmas dinner 
(I have the sides coming tomorrow, the roast is not hard and a friend is doing the salad
and I hope to bake the cake tomorrow)
and it will be so fun to use the new red teapot as well as my favourite of all times
green teapot which I use all the time and was also the first one I was ever given
and is a dear treasure to me. 
***
So that was a really lovely two packages... I actually heard the USPS truck pull up
and I went outside and the mailman hand delivered them to me!
I was so excited that these came on time!!!
***
So before I got the disappointing news, I had already chatted my Husband
that I would need to go out to dinner,
 I was exhausted and so behind!
So when we realized everything, I ordered the seafood pasta we love
and two things of fresh chicken noodle 
(or rice depending on the day) for my Sweet Husband
to pick up (he takes the PATH train to work and 
then cabs home so he just took the cab to the dinner
and quick went in and got the food)... 
we will have the soup tomorrow... my Sweetheart needs it
and I have a cake to bake... so that was great... 
my larger red bowls that we use to eat off of were not available 
so I used these to put the two servings of pasta in for our meal... it worked!


My Husband loves me and got me flowers again from his work (they have displays that they
get rid of on Fridays and whoever wants them can take some) ... that was really nice of him!



And we watched another Walton's show tonight as we ate!
We were sure to talk about our days too of course. 
That was lovely.
Well, pray for us please. 
I thank God for His mercy and that there was so much good in a day 
albeit with some real disappointment in it as well.

ps: for those who love St Xenia of Petersberg this story blessed me tonight
and is what I read out loud to my Husband!

pps: edited to add that another bit of good news is that my 2019 candle order
is coming soon and DV will be here in time for some of them to be blessed in
mid-February! 

2 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Prayers for dear Mr Husband and for you.

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, I will be praying for your husband to recover and for you not to be sick. I'm sorry you aren't able to make it to the baptism but maybe the Lord has a reason for you to stay home. XO