Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Floating away with Mexican hot chocolate... and other adventures


The Dome-Singer of Falenda by Katherine Bolger Hyde
I am very sorry to say that this book is out of print
and I can't find it anywhere online.
If you know where I can get a copy, do let me know.
I gave mine away, not knowing that by the time I went to re-order it,
it would be out of print! 
It's lovely.
I ordered her 2 mysteries meanwhile... 


I am so glad I was able to get these goblets,
they work perfectly in the dishwasher.


Loved this description of food in Miss Read's Christmas at Thrush Green 



Made cards for dear ones who lost Mother, Grandmother, recently... 


 Cleo, of course, is loving her box.
Mr Husband suggested that we close it up and mail it.
He is kidding of course. :)


I had tea and two chocolates as a treat. 
Lovely.  


My sweet Husband is on the mend, I am so so VERY happy to say.
To celebrate I had a quarter of a tablet of Mexican hot chocolate and a ginger-spiced 
Christmas cookie, quite lovely together! 
I feel like I am floating away on it, as I treated myself to a very big cup of it! 
I can't handle hot chocolate at the level that companies say to have it at,
much to rich for me.  I found this 2+ cups of milk with 1/4th of one tablet to be perfect.
The heat from it (some sort of cinnamon/pepper flavour) is still on my tongue...
it really is filling and warming.  
I really liked it. And it was perfect for my over-sized mug that I got at our 
MI family Christmas! 
Since the hot chocolate has 6 tablets and 1/4th was perfect for a huge amount of it,
I have at least 24 servings out of this lovely warming Mexican hot chocolate! 
***
Well, my beloved is on his way home now and we are going to enjoy dinner and a Walton's episode,
talk about our day and do family prayers DV tonight.
He's home tomorrow so that will be really nice too! 
It's been a good day, I ordered books and 
actually read Miss Read again, so nice...
BTW, this book is WONDERFUL, way underrated and I would call it
'a journal of profound comfort and encouragement' and it is on closeout 
for $3.00 a book.  I am not joking when I confess to buying 15 copies.
YES. That many.  I bought that many 5 years ago when it was at the same price
and I only had ONE of the 15 left to give away.  I wish I had 100 copies and
I would give them all away within in time to those who I see who 
could use it for either the stress they are in, or exhaustion or just in need
of some extra-loving....
Everyone I give it to finds it a real comfort and encouragement. 
So if you are in need of such, buy a copy!
If I was a much richer woman, I would want this republished something like
Seriously.
And I know books.... 
***
May God bless us all in whatever we are facing!

4 comments:

E Helena E said...

I wholeheartedly echo Elizabeth's endorsement of the "closeout" completely underrated book. She kindly gifted me with a copy a few years ago. It is a remarkable book and I can say that reading it was one of a number of turning points that made me finally realise that there was no other way for me but to become Orthodox. No doubt, it will speak to others in various ways, according to their need.

Anonymous said...

I want to float away on a cloud of Mexican Hot Chocolate! That sounds amazing! xo

Tracy said...

HoW LOVELY are those cards you've made, Elizabeth! That Cross stamp is just beautiful! I love books rich with descriptions of food, and other domesticity... it often makes me hungry. ;) How delicious all the different ways with chocolate you have been enjoying lately--yum! Floating away on chocolate... oh, the sounds ever so good!! VERY glad your Husband is on the mend--blessings! Thank you for the get-well wishes & prayer for me--sooo much appreciated! It's been rough a few weeks! :/ God Bless you both there!! ((HUGS))

Nancy said...

What is it with cats and boxes? We had a cat who kept a box for two years. It was his day bed, play area, and spy station. Hope Cleo continues to have fun with her box.