Monday, January 28, 2019

About today...





{I did not realize that the chocolates I was given were French,
google translated this as:
"Always become the one you are, be the master and the sculptor of yourself."
Not sure what I think of this message but I enjoyed 
looking at the French words and remembering ones that I had learned
when I lived in Ottawa... 














I rested a lot today, after so much work this past few days! 
I was going to have Mexican hot chocolate today but I ran out of time,
as this one is made on the stove... 
My plan is to take about a quarter of one tablet and make it with about 2 cups milk...
I can't do the amount of hot chocolate normally suggested,, 
too rich for me and I like it it a bit less intense, but still with the 
great chocolate flavour and experience... :) 
I got my 2019 order of beeswax candles,
these have to be one of the biggest blessings I get every year, these candles,
as I light them in prayer when I am home (which is always unless traveling)
and I also get some blessed ... (DV this Friday locally and hopefully in 2 weeks 
at our far-away church!)... 
The last picture, FYI, is from here and my friend via social media 
gave me the word 'lebkuchen' and I googled that word + chocolate and discovered
the gingerbread chocolate covered cookies that we were given a few years ago,
that I just LOVED...
I am so looking for these, DV, next year :) 
Meanwhile, I am going to enjoy the many treats we have been given this year!
I emailed a friend that I am 'drenched in chocolate' this year,
so spoiled... :) 
I enjoy having treat times but with balance...
tonight I read, finally, a bit more of Christmas at Thrush Green while enjoying some
tea and Chex Mix... 
I thank God for today....


7 comments:

author said...

I saw some chocolate covered gingerbread cookies at Aldi. I think they're a seasonal treat so may not be there right now.

Paula said...

This Sunday is Candlemas. Hopefully we'll get into the city for church. That is if it ever stops snowing!

elizabeth said...

Thank you Author! Yes, they do seem to be seasonal!

Paula, I hope so!!! I am going to at least vespers for Candlemas this Friday! :)

GretchenJoanna said...

I love watching Cleo in her box :-)

And the lebkuchen!

Pilgrim said...

Where do you buy the candles?

elizabeth said...

Thanks G-J!

Life in the Slow Lane - an Orthodox monastery! I don't know that they advertise their candles to the wider world because of supply/demand. But if you know of an Orthodox monastery or can google and find one near to you, you can see if they make and sell them! :)

Nancy said...

I'm envious of your candles. Candles are no longer burned in my home because of two cats who chase each other and don't pay attention where they are going in the process!