Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Traveling to BC and a beautiful wedding with knitting along the way


Mr. Husband and I had a family
reunion in Beautiful British Columbia!

We went up to Smithers together.
I had a day at the beach where I knitted this
almost complete bib for my new nephew:

I often knit my dish clothes free hand and 
this one was so long that my sister-in-law 
said it was so long it could be a bib
and so it became!
(Ravelry here).
*
Mr. Husband and I,
after going to BC and returning,
went to a beautiful wedding this past weekend!
*
We had a long drive and
I learned how to do increases (M1~make one)
from Aunt L. at the reunion 
(as well as from a few others) and so I practiced
increasing and decreasing to do these two
dish clothes:

Pretty much everyday while in BC
I was working on a dish cloth...
(Ravelry here).
 
 I made several and gave a way a few in BC...
(Ravelry here)

Since I have returned I am working on one of my
Ottawa munchkin's scarves...
this one is for a lovely 6 year old!
(Ravelry here).

And at the reunion in BC I learned how to read
and start a pattern!
Aunt L. and I spent many wonderful moments
as I learned how to increase...
I have started on the elephant!

I am pleased as punch to show you the
first leg of the elephant!!
I was joking the whole time at the family reunion:
I bet you did not know someone who made an elephant's leg...

I know,
I have a bit of an understated sense of humour... :)
It was so fun!
(Ravelry here).

This is a snap shot from the church
we were at for the wedding we went to on Sunday.
 
Mr. Husband and I are on the last stories
from the book Everyday Saints.
We will be truly sorry it is ending
and are already hoping DV to read
the letters of Fr. John who
is one of the characters in this book.
*
What are you creating and reading?
Yarn Along with us!

7 comments:

Michelle M. said...

I can't get over how much you can knit. You are very quick!

I'm glad you had such a nice trip- the photos are lovely.

Lisa said...

Dishcloths are one of my go-to knitting in the car projects! How cute is the bib you created, and such a beautiful church and scenery!

karen said...

I like how you turned the dishcloth into a bib, clever! I don't think I would have thought of that. I'm glad you are having fun traveling and seeing family :)

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I thoroughly enjoy reading about your travels and your family reunion, and I am seriously impressed with the elephant leg!

Reinventing Mother said...

S0 very cute!

Laura said...

I am really enjoying reading about your trip! It sounds like it was a beautiful time. I too am reading Everyday Saints...I am about halfway through and loving every moment of it.

Kymberly said...

I'm in awe of everything you made. Glad to hear you had a chance to learn some more knitting techniques while you were with your family. That elephant is going to be so cute!