Monday, August 26, 2013

Almost the Feast of Dormition

 
Been thinking of how to write...
blogs are tricky and I
worry more than often about
making my life seem what it is not
or what it has not attained to.
*
Anyway, just to say we were not able
to pray the service to the Mother of God
every day like some do during this fast.
{I wrote about this here}
*
I remain convinced that growth
takes time and that we often
wish we were or could do more
than we have the strength for.
*
But I take heart in what,
even if it is small,
we can do.
Like reading a little out of
Fr. John's book after dinner.
*
We are finding that this book
is best to be read very slowly
as it is so packed with
counsel and
spiritual thought.
*
So... I have a lot going on in the next few weeks
involving visits with family and friends.
Not sure that I will be able to do a
yarn along post in the next two or three weeks,
the visits are so wonderfully upon us!
*
I have a lot of things, some new,
for later in September that I look forward too,
nothing life-flipping like last year
{getting married that is}
but new things to do and people to meet.
Katherine wrote about new beginnings today
and I've been reading in many blogs
of all of us seeing the end of summer and
gearing up for a new year.
*
I know I've been on a cleaning spree and want
all to be organized!
This is one part of my and Mr. Husband's life that
we still have not fully figured out
or had the time to
(between church and home
we find our selves very busy)...
Any suggestions on how to use space better
are welcomed! :)
*
Wishing you all a wonderful week!
Soon Mr. Husband will be celebrating the
Dormition of the Mother of God
and having family visit!
It's going to be a full and beautiful week,
God willing! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think God prefers the small things really. All the baby steps and us realizing we need Him. I love what you share - what you wish to do and what you're able to do. It's all beautiful. Prayers for a joyous feast!

Apseed said...

I hope you'll have a very beautiful Feat of Dormition.