Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thursday ~ NYC, happiness and unexpected news







So, I got to go to NYC again today.
I go to NYC (to answer LR's question) for various reasons...
sometimes a routine appt like the dentist, sometimes to go
shopping or to go to Trader Joes.
I really enjoy being in NYC,
it has an energy like no where else; and a lot of old
architecture; but it's very expensive to live there,
something I never plan no doing! 
From where I live, one can get easily into NYC by the
local PATH trains that go under water to NYC.
(And the tickets for this with a smart card is under 3$ one way,
so it's pretty affordable!
Well, my Husband and I got some
unexpected, not so great, did-not-see-that-coming news 
related to the unbloggable stuff.
All I can say online is that I need to keep focused on Christ
and that I need to live in today only and deal with tomorrows 
when it is actually time to deal with them.
One of the biggest things I am learning right now,
and needing to practice, is this. 
Well, that's it for today.
It's well past time for sleep!
God bless you all! 
ps: liked this little story, encouraging to remember.
pps: my Thanksgiving list for today:
1. Sunshine! 
2. I was in NYC again today! Went to Trader Joes, my 'happy place' 
and got a few secret Christmas gifts  
3. My leg/foot still has a lot of soreness/stiffness/pain when walking more but I made it through.
 And had a good time anyway! 
4. I am almost done reading the Catherine Marshall book, very moving how she continued to grow in her relationship to Christ. 
5. That there are people of prayer in this world 
6. The Walton's show and how it is such a strong example of a loving family 
7. Grace given to others - overlooking a shortcoming, or lateness or such. I have so many memories of these moments and need to keep remembering them!

3 comments:

Helensmum said...

Elizabeth, sorry another blow has come in the unbloggable part of your lives. The good and holy prevails,hold on to this side of life.

Love and warm wishes,

Ann Marie

Tracy said...

Oh, dear Elizabeth... praying for you extra much right now! I will light a candle... I hope and pray that the not-so-good news is not a permanent thing, and that there may be some light at the end of the tunnel... VERY glad you've had some good in between things, moments of grace... And little stops over in NYC to lift the spirits is a good things too. ;) NYC is such a great city. Like you said, it has its own special vibe. May God bless you extra much at this time... With LOVE, In Christ--Tracy ((HUGS))

karen said...

praying for you and your husband :)