I woke up tired like many in the Nations where
we just had our twice yearly dose of time change confusion/exhaustion.
Here's what I am thankful for today:
1. I took a rest day today. I know, I am blessed. I have taken to saying that everything is given something different in life. So what I was given today was a real blessing. I finished the Second Emily book by LM Montgomery.
2. I think because I rested, this whole week of confusion that the time change brings to so many of us, me included, will be more bearable.
3. I used to feel guilty for those rare times when I could have a rest day like this. Now I realize that if one person is a bit more rested and peaceful, it can help others in many ways.
4. I know tomorrow will be a different day but God will be there and so I am thankful for that too.
5. My Husband brought home food from the farmers market, including dinner.
6. I am so grateful for quiet and for older forms of music that do not conflict with quiet.
7. While I don't think I can go to a monastery anytime soon, just knowing that they are there and that the silence that everyone is looking for, but may not know about, that comes from God, (a deep abiding peace is another way to refer to it) ... that this silence IS, is enough for me.