A beautiful and blessed Feast of the Entrance of the Mother of God!
Thanksgiving list from last night...
1. Vespers tonight
2. I made a really yummy baked mac and cheese with onion and breadcrumbs on top! A local friend had it with me for lunch and was surprised at how good it is. The key is the half an onion minced and cooked with the milk sauce for 15 minutes. I totally want to make this again but vegan for the fast. I think it may be really good! and am thinking that I could easily make it and add a vegetable to it also as it bakes....
4. Our condo outside steps had cracks in it where it meets the sidewalk. Today that was fixed and it looks great! Local man did it, we are really pleased.
5. PT was good today. I have new exercises to do *every day* that I am not at PT.
6. Catherine Marshall's book that I am reading (A Closer Walk)... also am reading the book Thoughts for Each Day of the Year by St Theophan and the last two have been really thoughtful and thought-provoking, about having one's focus be on Christ and not on external things. I am thinking a lot about that lately and how to do so will bring inward peace that I (and everyone!) crave/s!
7. I am so thankful for time. Time to grow, to have one's eyes open and heart softened towards Christ. May God give us all this time!