Friday, February 12, 2021

Thursday: Soup, more soup and a new book!




I am loving the beautiful simplicity of my now Chromebook table.
The tea set, usually on the buffet perpendicular to this table,
I have had for years now,
my Grandma and I used to go antique shopping for Christmas
and she would buy me a gift and I know part of this she bought
and I think I bought part of it, as I was working by this time... 
It's so beautiful and I love having reminders of her...
which actually reminds me that I want to call her tomorrow,
she is 90 now and I try to call once/week...
Where this tea set was, I 
I put my new-to-me lovely small Delft tea set on... 
part of a lovely set of Delft treasures we got over a year ago... 





We finished the soup I made on Tuesday today!
Lunch and dinner... 


My friend's book just came out!
Her website for this book can be found HERE
I have just begun reading it and so far am really enjoy it.
It's a great print job and I am thankful that the font is easy on the eyes
while still beautiful.  
(That is getting more important to me, the easy on the eyes part as I find
some books startle me with the fact that I no longer find them easy to read.)
I am sure, God willing, I will write about this book again, 
but any actual review will take a while.
***
That's what I worked on between other tasks today, writing. Or, editing.
My goodness. How many edits does my work need before it is no longer
in need of editing that is suddenly glaringly obvious? Sigh. 
***
I must say I am in more admiration for my friend's book because I am 
working on essays and, to be honest, feel a bit daunted/intimidated by
the world I find myself in, a world that seems to be changing in ways
that, in past years, I could not have foreseen.
And not in the best ways.
To be honest, I was struggling with some anxiety about
this topic today though I am feeling better now.
***
Well.  I did get outside today!
And shoveled a bit even as we had snow last night,
which we actually were not expecting!


I had a lovely bit of hot chocolate today...


And this lovely rose tea.  I forgot how much I love it! Wow! 


It was a grey day but still a good day to get outside!


It's so fun to use pretty dishes! :)
My Husband found this set,
and something that is neat is that my Aunt Phyl had a plate in 
this pattern... :) 
I would love to use them again this summer with 
this table cloth and napkins again, I think it's very pretty :)
***
Well, my dishes are washed, the dish washer is running.
The table is clear, my work table is neat.
My new writing table in my office nook needs a bit or work
but is not too bad. 
***
Tomorrow I need to roast some vegetables. 
 I have, from the same farm box, a very pocked/beat up butternut squash.
  Does these roast well? I have celery root and parsnip, onion, potato.  
Would you roast these (or some of these) together?
 If so, how (as in with what seasoning? oil?)
***
Well. It's late. I love this time of day (late, my Husband is 
sleeping, the house is quiet, I am a night owl...)
that said, again, it's time for me to go
and get ready for sleep myself.
***
May you all have the peace of Christ and may 
we always be under His protection!

3 comments:

Gretchen Joanna said...

I would probably roast them all together. Cut them up into similar sized chunks, maybe, and toss in a bowl with any kind of oil, kosher salt and pepper, and spread on sheet pan(s) to roast at 400-425 "until done." I am not the most expert roaster, but I'm getting better at it. For a long time I think I tried to roast vegetables at too high a heat.

Juliana said...

So excited for you to read the book! (And slightly terrified too...) :)

As for the roasting, I would roast everything but the celery root, but that's just me. Don't try to cut the squash, just roast it whole and cut afterward. The rind is very tough otherwise. Parsnips are similar to carrots. I would do olive oil, salt and herbes de provence, but that's me. Or lemon balm.

Granny Marigold said...

Looks like you got some good tips on roasting your vegetables.
Your tea set is so pretty and so special because it reminds you of your grandma.